Page 3 of 10 12345 ...
    Mentor
    02-05-2013, 09:55 AM #21
    Back to 3.13 with 8M shares...

JS

02-05-2013, 10:00 AM #22
    S&P KEEPS BUY OPINION ON SHARES OF SIRIUS XM RADIO
    (S&P Capital IQ)
    Q4 EPS of $0.02, vs. $0.01, matched our and Capital IQ's consensus estimate, after pre-announced net adds of 535,000, with rebound in U.S. auto sales. Other key metrics such as churn, average revenue per user and auto conversion rates also seem to be holding up better than we expected, as SIRI affirms encouraging '13 guidance for revenue of $3.7B (up 9%) on 1.4M net adds (vs. '12's 2M), adjd. EBITDA near $1.1B (up 20%), and free cash flow of $900M (up 27%). Liberty's (LMCA 111, NR) effective 50.2% controlling stake could portend shift in capital allocation. We will update.

02-05-2013, 10:09 AM #23
    could not/can not listen to CC, gotta make a living....

Any summary would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mentor
    02-05-2013, 10:29 AM #24
    The call was very positive in general and Meyer and Frear did a nice job in their first Call without Mel. No surprises but reinforced the continued strong growth going forward. Did not show their hand on when exactly buy backs will commence but could start at any time. Repeated the return of value to shareholders going forward.

Guru
    02-05-2013, 10:31 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by redcloud View Post
    .........shows who's got the best grasp on the short term price action. we need info that's good for the here and now. The only way to find out who the crap knows what their talking about, is to do a study

I feel the new floor is $3.20, imo.

$3.08 Premarket today....Reminds me of this rap songs hook... "Now you know who's the shit, Now you know who's the shit"

What matters is each persons definition of short term and when you take the study

But really, nice job calling the pops, once we figure out who's time frame is 30 minutes and who's is 2 weeks then we'll all be making moola

I called sell at 3.17 3 weeks ago I may have missed out on 2 or 3 day trades and one pop to 3.25 but I didn't lose 17c in 2 days today either.

No harm intended of course!

02-05-2013, 10:32 AM #26
    ultra-quick summary:
    1) company's making more money
    2) subscribers leaving less
    converting more
    3) eps 0.02
    4) all's well

02-05-2013, 10:46 AM #27
    I feel pretty good about the short term whether it's measured in hours, days, or weeks. I think we continue to climb from this point. I certainly would have preferred they surprised with 4q numbers but no one can say they disappointed. They did what they said they would do. I still see an upward channel with the current SP setting the lower trend. Anyone else see something different?

BTW - I finished sequence two of Stikky Stock Charts. This book is awesome....I have even discussed with my children the notion of giving them a small capital stash for them to learn charting.

After they read the book of course.

Enthusiast
    02-05-2013, 10:52 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    The reason they were participating was to stay under for the FCC announcement. I had been figuring now they wouldn't. In fact its better they don't. Liberty doesn't want to sell low into a drop which is when buybacks happen.

Also, liberty's 50% is locked up for years. The buyback needs to come from the open market 100% for most effectiveness
    Will Liberty go for 80%? This statement makes me wonder.

Guru
    02-05-2013, 11:02 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    I feel pretty good about the short term whether it's measured in hours, days, or weeks. I think we continue to climb from this point....BTW - I finished sequence two of Stikky Stock Charts. This book is awesome....I have even discussed with my children the notion of giving them a small capital stash for them to learn charting.

I feel good too but I'm impatient and a gambler! I wish I could just stash siri away for 5 years.

If I had known about MACD on charts I never would have bought siri all the way down from $6 to .25 and would have waited for a MACD crossover to positive. I also wouldn't have sold around $1.

Point being...chart don't lie...ceo's and goldman sachs (analcysts) do

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    02-05-2013, 11:10 AM #30
    Very simplified yet effective book.....I'm glad you like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    I feel pretty good about the short term whether it's measured in hours, days, or weeks. I think we continue to climb from this point. I certainly would have preferred they surprised with 4q numbers but no one can say they disappointed. They did what they said they would do. I still see an upward channel with the current SP setting the lower trend. Anyone else see something different?

BTW - I finished sequence two of Stikky Stock Charts. This book is awesome....I have even discussed with my children the notion of giving them a small capital stash for them to learn charting.

Page 3 of 10 12345 ...