Page 8 of 9 ... 6789
    Enthusiast
    02-01-2013, 05:21 PM #71
    @ Denco - aren't these the notes that have been heged by the shorties??

SEC Filing Alert
    Sirius XM Radio Inc. has filed the following document(s) with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.

Form SC To-I / Other

http://investor.sirius.com/secfiling...93125-13-34560

SCHEDULE TO

Tender Offer Statement Under Section 14(d)(1) or Section 13(e)(1)

of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934

SIRIUS XM RADIO INC.

(Name of Subject Company and Filing Person (Issuer) And Name of Filing Person (Offeror))

7% Exchangeable Senior Subordinated Notes Due 2014

(Title of Class of Securities)

98375YAU0

(CUSIP Number of Class of Securities)

Fundamental Change

In February 2009, the Company entered into an Investment Agreement (the “ Investment Agreement ”) with Liberty Radio LLC, an affiliate of Liberty Media Corporation (“ Liberty Media ”). Pursuant to the Investment Agreement, Liberty Radio LLC purchased 12,500,000 shares of the Company’s Convertible Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series B (the “ Series B Preferred Stock ”), in partial consideration for certain loans by Liberty Media to the Company. The Series B Preferred Stock was convertible into 2,586,976,761 shares of Common Stock, and all of such shares of Series B Preferred Stock have been converted. The Investment Agreement provided for certain standstill provisions, including the prohibition on Liberty Media acquiring greater than 49.9% of the Company’s outstanding Common Stock prior to March 6, 2012.

Since the expiration of the standstill provisions in March 2012, Liberty Media and its affiliates have acquired additional shares of Common Stock from time to time. On January 17, 2013, Liberty Media filed a Form 4 with the Securities and Exchange Commission disclosing that on January 15, 2013 it, indirectly through its subsidiaries, purchased an additional 50,000,000 shares of Common Stock. As a result of such purchase, Liberty Media became the direct or indirect beneficial owner of common equity representing more than 50% of the voting power of the Company’s common equity.

As a result of the foregoing (collectively, the “ Liberty Transactions ”), a Fundamental Change (as defined in the Indenture) occurred on January 17, 2013 (the “ Effective Date ”), and accordingly each Holder has the Purchase Right described herein.

Alternatives to the Purchase Right

You May Elect to Exchange into Common Stock

The Indenture provides that, as a result of the Liberty Transactions and notwithstanding the Purchase Right, the Notes are exchangeable, at the option of the Holder, at any time prior to the close of business on the Expiration Date (the “ Fundamental Change Exchange Period ”) at the Fundamental Change Exchange Rate (as defined below). The Company’s exchange obligation during the Fundamental Change Exchange Period with respect to each $1,000 in principal amount of Notes will be 581.3112 shares of Common Stock (the “ Fundamental Change Exchange Rate ”). The Common Stock into which the Notes may be exchanged is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (“ NASDAQ ”) under the symbol “SIRI.” On January 31, 2013, the last reported sales price of the Common Stock on NASDAQ was $3.14 per share. Holders exchanging the Notes will not receive a cash payment for accrued and unpaid interest.

Holders exchanging the Notes, or who elect to exercise their Purchase Right, will, upon exchange or purchase, as applicable, cease to have any rights with respect to such Notes exchanged or purchased (other than as provided in this Notice), including the right to receive interest or principal thereon.

Based on the closing sale price of the Common Stock on January 31, 2013, the value of the shares of Common Stock you would receive if you exercise your exchange right during the Fundamental Change Exchange Period would be substantially more than what you would receive upon exercise of the Purchase Right.

You May Elect to Retain Your Notes

If a Holder decides to retain his or her Notes, then, immediately after the Expiration Date, the exchange rate for the Notes will revert to 543.1732 shares of Common Stock per $1,000 principal amount of Notes (the “ Original Exchange Rate ”) (subject to subsequent adjustment as provided in the Indenture). Such Holder will also retain the right to receive interest payments on the Notes until the Notes mature pursuant to the terms of the Indenture and the Notes. The Notes mature on December 1, 2014 and will pay cash equal to $1,000 per $1,000 principal amount of the Notes on that date. As of January 31, 2013, the closing price of the Notes in the over-the-counter market as quoted on Bloomberg was $1,841.23 per $1,000 principal amount.
    Last edited by MLSiri; 02-01-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Addict
    02-01-2013, 05:42 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    For some reason I have a mental block trying to read and understand those filing notices. If someone can interpret in 25 words or less, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

PS. My TDA display right after the closing bell took the sp down to 3.17, now 3.18..........is that due to that filing? That is not good news.

EDIT: back to 3.23 now.......... must have been an anomoly.
    I say that was the Shorts getting out of Dodge and running for the hills, I saw that too. If they shorted at $3.17, they surely see the writing on the wall short term.

Addict
    02-01-2013, 05:47 PM #73
    Thanks for the post ML, makes my job easier

Mentor
    02-01-2013, 06:06 PM #74
    You bet MLSiri...these are those damn 1.875 converts that kept us in check up until late June of last year right before the initial breakout. Will be real nice to get those retired. If they are retired and not converted will that result in the covering of short postitions? If they are retired because of redemtion then those shares will not convert to commmon. If they are not converted to common then they cannot be used to retire the short positions. If they are not used to retire the short postitions then shares from the current float will need to be purchased in order to retire those short postions.....I think.

EDIT: Itls possible that the short postions are already being unwound, and that caused the pop. The TO was the signal to close the position. They may have bought calls as well to participate in the upside as an additional hedge. Maybe a few more days of nice gains....

EDIT2: If they are converted to common they will be used to retire the short positions and at the same time retire debt that will not need cash outflow to retire that debt.....higher float, less debt.
    Last edited by denco1; 02-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Addict
    02-01-2013, 06:14 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    You bet MLSiri...these are those damn 1.875 converts that kept us in check up until late June of last year right before the initial breakout. Will be real nice to get those retired. If they are retired and not converted will that result in the covering of short postitions? If they are retired because of redemtion then those shares will not convert to commmon. If they are not converted to common then they cannot be used to retire the short positions. If they are not used to retire the short postitions then shares from the current float will need to be purchased in order to retire those short postions.....I think.
    Denco, you had me sitting on the edge of my chair through that dialog above, and then you said "I think". What a let down that was.

I note that the DOW closed over 14,000 today.......... First time since 2007. So what might that do for our dog on Monday which happens to also be the day before the CC? Anybody making any guesses? More directly, what's the chance my sell blocks at 3.25 and 3.27 are likely to be relatively cheap to grab on Monday? Do we anticipate another day like today? I simply have no feel at all as to what to look forward to.

PS. I responded on that other site to your chicken choking comment.

Addict
    02-01-2013, 06:18 PM #76
    Thanks to everyone that kept the "call the close" going today, it sure makes it more interesting, and shows who's got the best grasp on the short term price action. If I had of known, I would have done more DD last night, I just had to throw a number out What's gonna happen 3 months or a year from now does us little good in the present. Heck I'll call $3.50 by years end and will most definately be right, we need info that's good for the here and now. The only way to find out who the crap knows what their talking about, is to do a study Chart that!!! Just playing.

Addict
    02-01-2013, 06:22 PM #77
    Sly my opinion is we are good til CC, no way we bomb before. The question is, does your orders get filled before then, I haven't had a chance to look at anything yet. Think I'm just gonna enjoy my weekend, I'll try to give my opinion by Monday.

Here's what the Shorts would do, it's one of my favorites,

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-01-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Mentor
    02-01-2013, 06:38 PM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    3.14-3.20/3.21 Close 3.19!! Dont think we have enough spark to crack and hold 3.20!

JS
    Damn...I just love it when I'm wrong!!!

JS

Mentor
    02-01-2013, 07:06 PM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco, you had me sitting on the edge of my chair through that dialog above, and then you said "I think". What a let down that was.

I note that the DOW closed over 14,000 today.......... First time since 2007. So what might that do for our dog on Monday which happens to also be the day before the CC? Anybody making any guesses? More directly, what's the chance my sell blocks at 3.25 and 3.27 are likely to be relatively cheap to grab on Monday? Do we anticipate another day like today? I simply have no feel at all as to what to look forward to.

PS. I responded on that other site to your chicken choking comment.
    Sorry to throttle the excitment for you SLY...I do REALLY think that this is a real BIG positive whether they convert the notes to common shares or partake in the TO.

Saw that at the other place. Thanks for understanding my logic on that one SLY

EDIT: Bottom line, retiring possibly some of the worst debt in history, surely SIRI history is a great move to further put the uncertain past behind us once and for all.....
    Last edited by denco1; 02-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.

02-01-2013, 09:08 PM #80
    Great day today. Not sure if this was posted yet bet SiriusXM settled the lawsuit with A2IM. Here is the article.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...a2im-dismissed

edit...half of the lawsuit.
    Last edited by bonewagon; 02-01-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Page 8 of 9 ... 6789