Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Addict
    01-29-2013, 09:09 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    SI, thanks for the log scale explanation, I never understood the use of that, makes great sense now
    IM, you are welcome. We can thank Denco for bringing up the subject though. Truth is, I never knew either mode existed until he asked if my charts use Log scale.

BTW, maybe you can teach me something about MACD. I use to pay more attention to it than I do now since I planted in my head the idea that it is a "trailing" indicator........... In fact, I learned that the Slo Stochistics oscillator actually did a better job with SIRI as a "predictor" of price direction. I also pay a lot of attention to RSI, as I have seen consistently when Overbought and Oversold have acurately signalled a iminent price refersal.

Head Honcho
    01-29-2013, 04:17 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Thanks Denco, I knew it was here somewhere
    I find the best way to see whats going on on the site is to click the "whats new" link at the top of the page. That link will show you only whats new in the last 24 hours so, the daily thread and the previous daily thread are likely to be listed free of noise.

Alternatively, you can always check out the top 10 module at the bottom of the front page. The newest 10 posts will always be listed there as well.

Hopefully that info is useful to someone.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2013, 05:28 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    BTW, maybe you can teach me something about MACD. I use to pay more attention to it than I do now since I planted in my head the idea that it is a "trailing" indicator
    I have heard that too, but I use it to "time stamp" a price. I got out of siri actually at 3.14 probably January 8th or 9th. when volume dropped and macd started flattening.

I see siri crossed on January 18th with a high of the day of 3.17, if I were still in I would tell myself next opportunity to get out at 3.17. So actually I used it as a leading indicator, it moves slow which is good for swing trading over a week or so.

Since today the MACD went more negative I'm expecting I have a few days to buy at these or better levels (since macd went lower it will take another effort to move it back up)

Then I count, MACD has been negative for 5 days. To me that means I have 5 days for siri to work on getting macd back up and I have time if there is a breakout to wait for it to retrace.

edit: If you look at the macd on stockchart.com you can see that each "mountain" peaks then falls nearly the same number of days it takes to peak. That also helps you time stamp an exit price when macd is positive.
    Last edited by imromo24; 01-29-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Guru
    01-29-2013, 07:01 PM #34

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Yeah, whoever is waiting on 2.91 can suck eggs imo, I closed that crap off a couple weeks ago, gl with that, ain't happening right now. My post mysteriously disappeared that was on here earlier, $3.12 close tomorrow, imo.

CC Feb 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM ET
    that would be me. In fact I can envision 2.87 since we are over 70 RSI and 2.87 is the 20 day MA on the weekly chart. here http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SIR...d=p44747193787

All micro charting aside there hasn't been a shakeout and I don't think they are going to let it sit at 3.15 this long and just let everyone enjoy the ride to 3.50.

They got everyone thinking they are making a great trade and accumulating between 3.12 and 3.16, thats nothing unless you have 100k+ shares.

Shoot, I'm still looking at that 50 MA at 2.46 on the weekly chart as being a nice bottom of a future cup.

Don't forget after 2.40 we hit 1.70 and when Malone was buying at 2.54 we hit 2.36. Any weekly chart with RSI hitting 70+ has resulted in a 20c correction minimum. check out the chart linked above

Guru
    01-29-2013, 07:09 PM #35

01-30-2013, 12:20 AM #36
    Nice chart. Thanks for sharing.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234