Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Addict
    01-25-2013, 01:10 PM #11
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?.........speaking of ONVO which has now crept up over $5.....now back to 4.90.

And, for those guys anticipating receipt of their copy of "Stikky Stock Charts", let me mention that it was signals learned from that book which directed my purchase of ONVO a couple days ago at the price of 4.17............that being the "third touch" of the lower trend line. (you'll understand that picture once you're read the first section of the book).

I just heard myself thinking and I need to admit that I am no authority at this stuff at all. I just happen to have found a successful combination of tools and knowledge from that cheap little book. While you await delivery of your book, let me offer my preferred list of charting tools, as follows:
    1. In my TDA trading account is my most-liked and user friendly tool called Think or Swim. For those TDA fans, go there and make yourself at home in front of TOS.
    2. Freestockcharts.com is quite user friendly and with most, if not all, basic charting aids. Main drawback is that it does not capture sympols from the Pink Sheets......... such as ONVO and MJNA which have been frequently discussed here.
    3. Stockcharts.com has a limited charting tool capability.....to get to its tools, first bring up your stock symbol in the home page of the strip chart, then down at the bottom just above "chart attributes" click on the "annotate (flash)(java)" button. Before doing that, I like to make sure I have selected 3-months in the Attributes field...........once in the annotate page you will find multiple tools available in the upper margin...........don't be afraid to give them all a try.

Actually, I found the best way for me to learn my way around the tools in these various charting programs was to pick my favorite symbol and display it in the Freestockcharts.com window. I then began toying with the various widgets to see how they looked and reacted. For example, I selected the Bollinger Bands, 50-day and 200-day Moving Averages, and of course I got familiar with the trend drawing tool. Once with an idea how to manipulate the program I found using each of those applications was similar to each other and therefore required little effort to put each to use............... Once you have the book, you must have a charting program at hand. Also, you must realize that book is merely a basic starter of wisdom and knowledge............ and if you are like me, it opened my eyes so that I began to realize I might be ready to find and emerse myself in deeper learning. I hope you have the same success as I have had with that great little book.

Enthusiast
    01-25-2013, 01:21 PM #12
    What's the move today?

Mentor
    01-25-2013, 02:08 PM #13
    Started a small AAPL position at 440......couldn't resist. If we fill gaps I will build it up.

Addict
    01-25-2013, 02:22 PM #14
    Since my previous post, re. charting tools, I have created this one for demonstration. Here is from Freestockcharts.com a current picture of SIRI with upper and lower trend lines drawn in, Fibonacci Retracement, Bollinger Bands and 50/200 dma lines.

Regarding my previous comment that this tool does not recognize symbols on Pink Sheets, perhaps additional research is required to verify if that is true or not. I seem to have found a way to link my TDA portfolio into this program, and if I can manage to do that, then possibly I can chart the Pinks here as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Addict
    01-25-2013, 03:12 PM #15
    It's time for this dog to quit licking his nuts...

Enthusiast
    01-25-2013, 03:21 PM #16
    Bought some at 3.08 but with this low volume I have a 3.15 sell in.

Made some real nice trades with this ONVO stock over the last two days.

First thing I do after I buy is put in a sell. I used to "wait"

Addict
    01-25-2013, 04:56 PM #17
    Looks like I'm gonna get my $3.135 close a day late.

Addict
    01-25-2013, 05:16 PM #18
    If I'm reading it right, SIRI closed at 3.15. If so, then that was a nice recovery from all appearances earlier in the week. Couple that with a couple of my new holdings, I'm quite happy. It was only early last week when I bit off a chunk of SBUX, and at close tdoay it had gained 5.2%. My ONVO purchased earlier this week made another 4% gains to add to my good fortunes. One other new add to my portfolio last week was BAC; it closed today showing a mere loss of .5% since my purchase. I think I'm joining the crowd with thoughts that SIRI will build to CC, and that may be when I will take a bunch off the table and make possible some play on other symbols I'm watching (RAD being one. Also FSLR, and F) as I think those are about to join the list of gainers to own.

Hope everyone else can rest assured of some solid gains this past week.

Addict
    01-25-2013, 05:21 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Started a small AAPL position at 440......couldn't resist. If we fill gaps I will build it up.
    Why doesn't that surprise me?

Probably because that's exactly what I did today with the same plan of filling the gap.

What part of Texas is "Shortie's A$$"? I'm thinking of buying a vacation home somewhere round them thar parts. (Texas that is.... not necessarily Shortie's A$$..... unless it's cheap with a nice view, which I doubt)

Mentor
    01-25-2013, 05:31 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    Why doesn't that surprise me?

Probably because that's exactly what I did today with the same plan of filling the gap.

What part of Texas is "Shortie's A$$"? I'm thinking of buying a vacation home somewhere round them thar parts. (Texas that is.... not necessarily Shortie's A$$..... unless it's cheap with a nice view, which I doubt)
    Glad we're still on the same page Wolfie!!......I hope we're not too early on this one....as in way too early. I can take a ride down to 380 on a fill to load up more. Anything beyond that will be quite painful.

"Shorties A$$" is a awesome place. I like to cruise around Shorties A$$ in the BONEWAGON...fun times

"Shorties A$$" is real close to RACKSVILLE. Not too pricey but well worth the investment.....

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...