01-19-2013, 09:17 PM #1

Question Sirius direct connect docking

I traded RVs. My older one had Stratus 6 which worked through direct connect to radio unit. New RV had SCC1 receiver which I do not like, so I ordered Starmate 8. I cannot find if SCVDOC1 works with Starmate 8 as only earlier Units are listed. I will need this to replace SCC1 as wires are already run and should be replug and head unit works again. Any help on replacement?

01-20-2013, 07:17 PM #2
    Well I think the Satellite Geek at Best Buy answered my question that even Sirius Technical couldn't. I have decided on the Stratus 6 again and the SCVDOC1 Plug andPlay Dock. Since user guide says the Stratus and Stratus 4, he says the base should work with the Stratus 6 as connector doesn't change, only the features in Radio change. Same case and docking ability. Anyone concur?

Head Honcho
    01-21-2013, 08:26 AM #3
    Welcome to the forums.

I am surprised to hear you'd rather not use the OEM tuner your RV came equipped with. A lot of people with older cars would kill to have that option.

Yes, the SCVDOC1 is compatible with the Starmate 8 and more;

• SIRIUS Stiletto 2
    • SIRIUS Stiletto 100
    • SIRIUS Stiletto 10
    • SIRIUS Sportster 3
    • SIRIUS Sportster 4
    • SIRIUS Sportster 5
    • SIRIUS Sportster Replay
    • SIRIUS Starmate 3
    • SIRIUS Starmate 4
    • SIRIUS Starmate 5
    • SIRIUS Starmate 8
    • SIRIUS Stratus 4
    • SIRIUS Stratus 5
    • SIRIUS Stratus 6
    • SIRIUS Stratus SV3

Pretty much all of the radios have the same docking pins. Hope this helps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-22-2013, 10:58 AM #4

Thumbs up Adventurer

Being a DIY I had to do my own research. The SCC1 does not allow Alacarte subscription which was all Sirius would say, never tell me which ones would as they wanted to sell higher rate. I decided to go with Stratus 6 as I did not need all of the new features of Starmate 8. Finally read enough of user guides to see compatibility. Thanks for reply. I finally know more than I need to about Sirius. I only listen to 5 channels and this will serve my long trips.

Head Honcho
    01-22-2013, 04:44 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Being a DIY I had to do my own research. The SCC1 does not allow Alacarte subscription which was all Sirius would say, never tell me which ones would as they wanted to sell higher rate.
    This is true, if you want a la carte, only the Sirius Starmate 8, Starmate 5, and Stratus 6 are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Thanks for reply. I finally know more than I need to about Sirius. I only listen to 5 channels and this will serve my long trips.
    No problem, enjoy the ride.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder