Page 3 of 6 12345 ...
    01-17-2013, 02:38 PM #21
    OK...here's one out of five. I'm with nytimbo...I'm not a daytrader and often can't breakaway. And on top of that I'm learning so not sure what value I would add at this point. I also am a Premium member so being shutout after I've paid money wouldn't feel very good. De-regulation is heathly in this environment and read only very respectful posts...just don't see the need. Next someone will try to figure out the quality of the five posts. My two cents.

Mentor
    01-17-2013, 02:46 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by nytimbo58 View Post
    As far as lurker lockdown, although I think 5 reasonable, anymore I think is unfair. I for one work at a Lowes warehouse during the day and am not able to post as often as I like. Day traders and those that are freely able to be at computer during the day may think it is easy to post. But it looks like I am outnumbered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    OK...here's one out of five. I'm with nytimbo...I'm not a daytrader and often can't breakaway. And on top of that I'm learning so not sure what value I would add at this point. I also am a Premium member so being shutout after I've paid money wouldn't feel very good. De-regulation is heathly in this environment and read only very respectful posts...just don't see the need. Next someone will try to figure out the quality of the five posts. My two cents.
    Hi guys. I can see your points for sure. NYT58, you are already there if Charles were to institiute a minimum of posts so you don't even have to worry. Spoons, you have already posted once so a mimimum is not far away. If I understood CLR correctly it would be simply to make it so the "Drive by Lurker" could not benefit from the thread unless he or she put in a bit of time. Once the minimum is met then you have full access. I am fine either way though guys. So whatever the majority wants is cool with me.

EDIT: You might find that with a simple minimum instituted, some of those that are reluctant to post frequently on an open site may start to contribute a bit more often. That can only be a positive in my opinion.
    Last edited by denco1; 01-17-2013 at 10:39 PM.

01-17-2013, 03:09 PM #23
    Maybe i miunderstand, is this 5 posts per day, or 5 posts since registering in the forum?? If it is the later then I agree that even 10 is not unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Hi guys. I can see you're points for sure. NYT58, you are already there if Charles were to institiute a minimum of posts so you don't even have to worry. Spoons, you have already posted once so a mimimum is not far away. If I understood CLR correctly it would be simply to make it so the "Drive by Lurker" could not benefit from the thread unless he or she put in a bit of time. Once the minimum is met then you have full access. I am fine either way though guys. So whatever the majority wants is cool with me.

EDIT: You might find that with a simple minimum instituted, some of those that are reluctant to post frequently on an open site may start to contribute a bit more often. That can only be a positive in my opinion.

01-17-2013, 03:11 PM #24
    Sirius XM Radio to Announce Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2012 Results

Company to Webcast Earnings Call for Investors and Media

NEW YORK, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that it plans to release full year and fourth quarter 2012 financial and operating results on Tuesday, February 5, 2013.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101014/NY82093LOGO)

SiriusXM will hold a conference call at 8:00 am ET on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 to discuss these results. Investors and the press can listen to the conference call via the company's website, www.siriusxm.com, and on its satellite radio service by tuning to Sirius channel 123 or XM channel 173. The call will also be available on the Sports Play-by-Play channel 962 on SiriusXM Internet Radio as well as through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for the Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and on BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphones.

Word.

Good timing

Enthusiast
    01-17-2013, 03:12 PM #25
    Hi guys. I can see you're points for sure. NYT58, you are already there if Charles were to institiute a minimum of posts so you don't even have to worry. Spoons, you have already posted once so a mimimum is not far away. If I understood CLR correctly it would be simply to make it so the "Drive by Lurker" could not benefit from the thread unless he or she put in a bit of time. Once the minimum is met then you have full access. I am fine either way though guys. So whatever the majority wants is cool with me.

Not much going on today....Happy to be "stable" at 3.15ish....should continue to climb as we near the CC

Enthusiast
    01-17-2013, 03:13 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    Word.

Good timing
    Well there you go...steady increase please!

Mentor
    01-17-2013, 03:45 PM #27
    I am pretty sure he meant 5 posts in total. 5 per day would be difficult for many and way out of line. I am sure that was not his suggestion. Now maybe per month but surely not per day.

EDIT: And I appologize for calling you Surely.....Airplane reference.

Enthusiast
    01-17-2013, 04:01 PM #28
    I am pretty sure he meant 5 posts in total. 5 per day would be difficult for many and way out of line. I am sure that was not his suggestion. Now maybe per month but surely not per day.

EDIT: And I appologize for calling you Surely.....Airplane reference.
    I think 5 per month would be a good place to start. That amounts to roughly 1.25 posts per week which isn't hard to do.

Surely your can't be sirious. I am sirious and stop calling me Surely. LOL

David

01-17-2013, 04:31 PM #29
    Hands down my favorite comedy movie of all time.
    I still remember seeing it in theatre. I laughed nonstop throughout until it hurt!

Man, I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue!!

Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    I think 5 per month would be a good place to start. That amounts to roughly 1.25 posts per week which isn't hard to do.

Surely your can't be sirious. I am sirious and stop calling me Surely. LOL

David

01-17-2013, 04:40 PM #30
    Sirius XM Radio to Announce Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2012 Results

Company to Webcast Earnings Call for Investors and Media

NEW YORK, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that it plans to release full year and fourth quarter 2012 financial and operating results on Tuesday, February 5, 2013.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101014/NY82093LOGO)

SiriusXM will hold a conference call at 8:00 am ET on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 to discuss these results. Investors and the press can listen to the conference call via the company's website, www.siriusxm.com, and on its satellite radio service by tuning to Sirius channel 123 or XM channel 173. The call will also be available on the Sports Play-by-Play channel 962 on SiriusXM Internet Radio as well as through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for the Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and on BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphones.
    Could Sirius and Liberty Media be restricted from accumulating shares this close to the conference call? This may account for the recent low-volume days... Anybody?? Shirley you don't think this is the reason for the low volume?

Page 3 of 6 12345 ...