Head Honcho
    01-10-2013, 10:31 PM #1

Question Netflix (NFLX) Stock Watch

Netflix is about to announce on January 23 and I am terrified. Their last quarterly report sent the stock crashing and I don't want to give up my 30%+ gains. I'm still giving away Netflix subs as Christmas presents, I wonder if people are still doing the same?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-10-2013, 11:27 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Netflix is about to announce on January 23 and I am terrified. Their last quarterly report sent the stock crashing and I don't want to give up my 30%+ gains. I'm still giving away Netflix subs as Christmas presents, I wonder if people are still doing the same?
    Announced 3 days ago. Other than not being able to view Universal movies not sure what effect Universal signing 10 year contract with HBO will have on Netflix. In addition to NetFlix I have been viewing Amazon Instant Videos. They seem to have a greater selection, as well show movies currently or not yet released in theatres.

Head Honcho
    01-11-2013, 12:13 AM #3
    I still use the DVD by mail service, the selection is much better.

The recent deal with Disney is the real money maker. Netflix is a cheap, go anywhere library of entertainment for children. Any parent who is still buying dvds for their kids is crazy.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    01-14-2013, 07:57 PM #4
    Netlfix locked up another deal today -- the share price jumps every time they sign a new deal regardless of how much it costs them.

Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) has inked multi-year deals with Warner Bros. Television Group and Turner Broadcasting. The deals connect Netflix subscribers with past seasons of shows from the Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Warner Bros. Animation.
    My concern is, the stock is up 70% over the last 3 months so any bad quarterly news would have to cause some profit taking. How the hell do you judge a stock that was trading at $300 based on future growth and speculation? Who's to say it wont climb right back up there again? Obviously fundamentals don't matter here.

Another thing to think about. Comcast is actually reported subscriber losses last year while NFLX grew.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    01-23-2013, 05:21 PM #5
    .13 EPS vs a projected loss of .13, shorts are getting killed! Q1 forecasts are better than expected as well. And international expansion is better than expected. Nothing but good news.

The question is, what happens now? A vicious run up because of short covering?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder