Page 3 of 5 12345
    01-14-2013, 03:19 PM #21
    speaking of Liberty has anyone looked at the stock today. Changed their symbol today to STRZA from LMCA, up 9% last time I checked

Enthusiast
    01-14-2013, 03:29 PM #22
    I was just reviewing a SIRI chart and noticed a repeating pattern and am wondering if it's going to continue. It looks like we've had 2 rounds where we had a rapid rise in sp, followed by a short consolidation period. With our 3rd rise in sp, will we have another consolidation period or will we fill the gap at 2.91?

David

Guru
    01-14-2013, 04:01 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I've said all along that I think we will eventually fill the gap at 2.91-2.95, and that might be confirmed by the fibonacci retracement calculation where the 50% correction places us exactly in that gap. While that remains slightly above the lower BB, this analysis seems to agree with what Red is looking at.
    One of my concerns with filling the gap, I feel like it already traded alot in that range prior, so it may not need filling.

Second, if $3.01 breaks or thereabouts then the cup and handle breakout retest fails and it could pose a problem (don't quote me on the problem since I'm not quite sure how a cup and handle break out retest failure would react)

Addict
    01-14-2013, 04:37 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    One of my concerns with filling the gap, I feel like it already traded alot in that range prior, so it may not need filling.

Second, if $3.01 breaks or thereabouts then the cup and handle breakout retest fails and it could pose a problem (don't quote me on the problem since I'm not quite sure how a cup and handle break out retest failure would react)
    IM, I know this is not exactly the answer to your dilemma, but this cut and paste from a noted apparent authority on Cup and Handles has this to say as regards a failure:

"The handle will often slope downwards initially, however, watch for the price to breakout beyond the price at the right side of the cup. The depth of the cup from the right side is an indicator for the potential price increase. However, Bulkowski notes, "Many cups fail after rising only 10% to 15%. Be sure to use stop-loss orders to limit losses or to maximize gains". One point made (that the depth of the cup is a good gauge for the amount of potential increase) looks apparent here in that the depth of the cup (20 cents) is about equal to the amount of rise in the handle (19 cents) which would tend to be cause for caution as we move forward. This is illustrated in the latest chart.

PS. For those who have read and believe in a basic lesson from the "Stikky Stock Charts" note that a couple days ago the price made a third touch at the upper trend line. According to that book, the price usually reverses direction on that third touch...........just another reason to think we are on our way down..........and the real question remains: how far down?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 01-14-2013 at 05:30 PM.

01-14-2013, 05:55 PM #25
    Stock price held up pretty well
    Some big blocks going through
    Above average but not huge volume
    No news is bad news here, may take some off the table tomorrow and look for re-entry closer to the 3.10 mark again.
    I can do this over and over
    Smiling all the way to the bank

Addict
    01-14-2013, 05:56 PM #26
    Denco, regarding previous conversations about the available charting tools, please note by my illustrations above that Freestockcharts.com is a pretty good answer. Gosh, it does about everything I use in Think or Swim, and I just realized that it updates in real time through the market day. Some charting tools give only a static view (such as stockcharts.com), but this one seems to have most of the better assets. Once you receive your copy of "Stikky Stock Charts" I think you will be pleasantly pleased with the capabilities of this free charting service to implement lessons learned in that book.........PS. btw, this is the same tool used by Aquadamon............... whom I wish would show up here with his analytical prowess.

01-14-2013, 05:58 PM #27

AAPL anyone?

I just HAD to load up on Apple today. Been there, done that, but it is time again. May regret it but I doubt it.

I also swing trade Organovo (ONVO). Check it out. VERY volatile. My favorite second only to our beloved SIRI, Been very good to me so far.

Addict
    01-14-2013, 06:13 PM #28
    Thanks for the leads Radejs, I like laughing all the way to the bank too.

Last edited by Redcloud; 01-14-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Addict
    01-14-2013, 06:28 PM #29
    @ Denco

1-14-13.png

The bands are getting tight again too, which way do you think it's going Brother? I know.imo I'll put my head on the chopping block and call at least $3.20 by the end of the week,
    Last edited by Redcloud; 01-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Mentor
    01-14-2013, 06:37 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco, regarding previous conversations about the available charting tools, please note by my illustrations above that Freestockcharts.com is a pretty good answer. Gosh, it does about everything I use in Think or Swim, and I just realized that it updates in real time through the market day. Some charting tools give only a static view (such as stockcharts.com), but this one seems to have most of the better assets. Once you receive your copy of "Stikky Stock Charts" I think you will be pleasantly pleased with the capabilities of this free charting service to implement lessons learned in that book.........PS. btw, this is the same tool used by Aquadamon............... whom I wish would show up here with his analytical prowess.
    Thanks for the additional feedback SLY!