Page 12 of 14 ... 21011121314
    Mentor
    01-12-2013, 12:41 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by blackops View Post
    Thanks for the chart! looking good. 142Mil traded nice
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Denco...thanks for the chart updates...dont understand the technical aspects...very much appreciated!!

JS
    You"re welcome guys!

I'm no expert but have learned a bit over time and really like the P&F simplicity with the double tops and bottoms and support and resisiance points. Now I need to get that book that the BassMan recomended and one day draw my own charts as well.

Mentor
    01-12-2013, 12:48 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The answer to your question was in the post you just quoted me in above! Good thing I just turned off the negative rep feature

Seriously though, click on that link in my quote or the settings link at the top of the page.

How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.
    How do you know if it is Pos, Neg or Neutral.

where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page

I don't see anything at the bottom of that page that relates to reputation.

Last edited by denco1; 01-12-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Enthusiast
    01-12-2013, 01:14 PM #113
    #light means nothing without dark.

Good thing I just turned off the negative rep feature

01-12-2013, 03:09 PM #114
    Amen brother.

Be well Mr. Hillbilly.

Head Honcho
    01-12-2013, 04:41 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    How do you know if it is Pos, Neg or Neutral.
    Currently there is only Pos so, any and all rep will be positive.

I don't see anything at the bottom of that page that relates to reputation.
    EDIT: There was a permission issue, regular members should now be able to see rep left by other members. Nice catch. I didn't notice it because I have admin privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    #light means nothing without dark.
    I hear ya, I just figured, by not repping you are essentially leaving negative rep. I could see how negative rep could create unnecessary animosity.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-12-2013, 05:02 PM #116
    You"re welcome guys!

I'm no expert but have learned a bit over time and really like the P&F simplicity with the double tops and bottoms and support and resisiance points. Now I need to get that book that the BassMan recomended and one day draw my own charts as well.

Hey Denco, I too began learning and liking the P&F chart analysis, but for some reason I failed to easily grasp how to notice (and trust) the apparent entry and exit signals. Consequently, I went for the Stikky Stock Charts book recommended by Bassman, and I have to tell you I think I'm beginning to really like how it has opened my eyes and mind to a fairly believable trade strategy. If that's the book from Bassman you made reference to, then I highly recommend it............ but I have a question regarding your comment of "drawing your own charts". I use one of the same tools as the Bassman, that being Think or Swim at our TDA trading account. Surely your broker(s) (I think you use eTrade and Scottrade) each have similar charting tools such that you merely let the tool draw your chart, and on that you edit the trend lines or any other of the indices, oscillators, etc.

For what it is worth, I heard the Bassman make reference to his studies of the Elliott Wave, and after viewing the introductory videos at their web site, I must say it takes a clearer mind than mine to immediately grasp what that is all about. There might have been one other "trading system" the bassman has made reference to, but for now it escapes me.

Good luck in your charting and analyzing tasks.

Enthusiast
    01-12-2013, 06:06 PM #117
    I watched and owned this stock from $9.00 to .35c. I corrected all my losses to wins. From $1.00 to now people kept saying there are too many shares outstanding and it will never get to $2.00,$2.50,$3.00 ect. Thank god I never panicked and sold. My question is does anybody really know how high it can go? I'm thinking of getting out at $5.00 in the next two years. Crazy?

Enthusiast
    01-12-2013, 10:27 PM #118
    I hear ya, I just figured, by not repping you are essentially leaving negative rep. I could see how negative rep could create unnecessary animosity.
    I see it as less "animosity" and more "veracity" -- frankly, there are a lot of cats - bless their hearts - just don't know what the heck they're saying...much less have a handle on market movements.

example: "we're going up! I can feel it! I feel it b/c the last time that my wife made spaghetti, it went up! Well, we had spaghetti for lunch - we must be going up!".

That's a post that *should* get a demotion, in my opinion. The argument, while entertaining, just isn't valid support.

how about this:

"folks, we've bounced off of the 200dma twice, transportation, the russell, and every other indice has bounced...and, Uncle Binky just released QE17...also to mention that Malone has given the go-head to advertise..."

The former POST would get a downvote from me, whereas the latter would certainly hold a much higher likelihood of receiving a positive rep click.

Ultimately, the question is "do you like ***'s post?" -- not "do you think Hillbilly is a libertarian prick"?

While I'd get a kick out of that, it just doesn't breed animosity. It promotes diligence in research and brings a bit of Smith's invisible hand into the equation to dissuade folks from posting asinine posts.

Anyway...

If I can't note that a post is BS, then I don't want to take the time to note that a post is great.

Head Honcho
    01-13-2013, 03:22 AM #119
    I see it as less "animosity" and more "veracity" -- frankly, there are a lot of cats - bless their hearts - just don't know what the heck they're saying...much less have a handle on market movements.

example: "we're going up! I can feel it! I feel it b/c the last time that my wife made spaghetti, it went up! Well, we had spaghetti for lunch - we must be going up!".

That's a post that *should* get a demotion, in my opinion. The argument, while entertaining, just isn't valid support.
    Increasing your rep is a long hard fought journey. You're going to need 50 low level people or 10 high level people to rep you just to get you to the second of eleven levels. In your example, the person your describing will not wind up with a top rated rep. There is no reason to leave negative rep because they're not going anywhere anyway.

BTW, people with years of experience and thousands of posts could erase all of your positive rep with one negative hit. Imagine 10 people you respect on this board all gave you high rep but, they happened to have low power (like the majority of you newcomers) and someone like me came along and thought your were being a clown, is it really fair for me to be able to undo all of your rep with one click? Because, that is what could happen.

That said, there is more to this forum than just stocks. Just because someone doesn't know about stocks doesn't mean they couldn't help someone with a hardware issue or just be a generally helpful person. Like in real life, your reputation is a sum of many things.

While I'd get a kick out of that, it just doesn't breed animosity. It promotes diligence in research and brings a bit of Smith's invisible hand into the equation to dissuade folks from posting asinine posts.
    I'd be willing to bet any sum of money that people would simply leave negative rep on people they don't like or have had a problem with in the past regardless of their actual knowledge. Thats how people work.

So, what would end up happening is, people would complain to me, throw a fit, start a flame war, and create unwanted tension on the board. They would say the negative rep was unjust and ask me to remove it... and then what? We create an forum courtroom thread where we vote on the validity of negative rep? Ain't nobody got time for that!

If I can't note that a post is BS, then I don't want to take the time to note that a post is great.
    1. I bet if you didn't know negative rep was an option, you wouldn't have cared. I blame myself for even mentioning it.
    2. Participating in repping is optional. You don't have to play if you don't want to.
    3. In the spirit of democracy and catering to the people of this forum... if after reading my thoughts on the subject, 10 people tell me they want negative rep turned on, you got it!

The fight for negative rep is on -- yea or nea?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-13-2013, 07:50 AM #120
    Increasing your rep is a long hard fought journey. You're going to need 50 low level people or 10 high level people to rep you just to get you to the second of eleven levels. In your example, the person your describing will not wind up with a top rated rep. There is no reason to leave negative rep because they're not going anywhere anyway.

BTW, people with years of experience and thousands of posts could erase all of your positive rep with one negative hit. Imagine 10 people you respect on this board all gave you high rep but, they happened to have low power (like the majority of you newcomers) and someone like me came along and thought your were being a clown, is it really fair for me to be able to undo all of your rep with one click? Because, that is what could happen.

That said, there is more to this forum than just stocks. Just because someone doesn't know about stocks doesn't mean they couldn't help someone with a hardware issue or just be a generally helpful person. Like in real life, your reputation is a sum of many things.

I'd be willing to bet any sum of money that people would simply leave negative rep on people they don't like or have had a problem with in the past regardless of their actual knowledge. Thats how people work.

So, what would end up happening is, people would complain to me, throw a fit, start a flame war, and create unwanted tension on the board. They would say the negative rep was unjust and ask me to remove it... and then what? We create an forum courtroom thread where we vote on the validity of negative rep? Ain't nobody got time for that!

1. I bet if you didn't know negative rep was an option, you wouldn't have cared. I blame myself for even mentioning it.
    2. Participating in repping is optional. You don't have to play if you don't want to.
    3. In the spirit of democracy and catering to the people of this forum... if after reading my thoughts on the subject, 10 people tell me they want negative rep turned on, you got it!

The fight for negative rep is on -- yea or nea?
    "Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly"
    "While I'd get a kick out of that, it just doesn't breed animosity. It promotes diligence in research and brings a bit of Smith's invisible hand into the equation to dissuade folks from posting asinine posts".

Charles.
    While I'm a "newcomer"which I guess sounds like the majority here. I do read the forum religiously. I don't post often but I do read and learn from the other many knowledgeable folks here. I think Mr. Hillbilly's request is reasonable and will keep this forum focused on the reason people like myself come here. Sirius. And hopefully, eventually, other stocks of interest. You've set up a great gathering place for us and it's much appreciated. There are, at times, some posts that I feel are inappropriate and shouldn't be part of this great site. If one's not able to leave an unfavorable rep. vote than that would leave me wanting a better monitoring of this site by yourself or whomever oversees it.

Sounds like more work for you.

Also I don't believe people will leave negs. just because they don't like someone.

I'm such a "newbee" I'm not even sure that I'm doing this correctly.
    Anyway it's early. I hope this makes sense. Count me in as someone who wants the Neg Option. Be well & thanks alot.
    Last edited by hedymoney; 01-13-2013 at 08:51 AM.