Page 11 of 14 ... 910111213 ...
    01-11-2013, 08:25 PM #101
    Can you explain the new reputation feature? Cool TICKER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    There is a now a near realtime quote at the top of the page of every thread in the siriusxm stock talk area. Unfortunately its Friday so, you cant see it in action but, on Monday it should work. Let me know if you see any bugs.

If you want to refresh the quote (which updates every minute), there is a link in the box to do that. No need to refresh the website itself. Obviously clicking the link now wont do anything because the market is closed.

BTW, it is the absolute last thing that loads on the page so, it shouldn't slow anything down.

Hopefully someone enjoys this new feature because I spent WAY too long building it. Have a good weekend!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    01-11-2013, 08:32 PM #102
    Denco...thanks for the chart updates...dont understand the technical aspects...very much appreciated!!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Here's a look at the Closing Chart...

Attachment 725

Nice set up for a double top break on Monday on the High-Low....We'll be back to a column of Xs up close to the top of the range to start the day.

Attachment 726

Enthusiast
    01-11-2013, 08:47 PM #103
    http://www.thepatternsite.com/gaps.html

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    That's a pseudo gap not a true gap. The intraday range from yesterday was 3.09 to 3.16....sure some think these close to open gaps fill and this one will but it is not a gap. The big gap pending to be filled is at 2.91 to 2.95. Will it fill, probably but maybe not for a while....

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...e-day-after!!!

Head Honcho
    01-11-2013, 08:51 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Can you explain the new reputation feature?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. Its essentially a way of saying thanks.

How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied. Essentially, as your rep, posts, and age grow, so does your rep power.

In the end the whole feature is a way of saying thanks and having people display that thanks as a badge of honor. It is also useful for new members to see who is "respected" so they can take that into account when they read posts.

Will it catch on? I have no idea. I kind of like the idea but, if people don't use it, I can just as easily disable it. Figured I would give it a whirl and see if people took to it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-11-2013, 09:08 PM #105
    "I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest."

Rodney Dangerfield

I like the rep feature.

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. Its essentially a way of saying thanks.

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.

The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied. Essentially, as your rep, posts, and age grow, so does your rep power.

In the end the whole feature is a way of saying thanks and having people display that thanks as a badge of honor. It is also useful for new members to see who is "respected" so they can take that into account when they read posts.

Will it catch on? I have no idea. I kind of like the idea but, if people don't use it, I can just as easily disable it. Figured I would give it a whirl and see if people took to it.

Enthusiast
    01-11-2013, 10:01 PM #106

Exclamation

There is a now a near realtime quote at the top of the page of every thread in the siriusxm stock talk area. Unfortunately its Friday so, you cant see it in action but, on Monday it should work. Let me know if you see any bugs.

If you want to refresh the quote (which updates every minute), there is a link in the box to do that. No need to refresh the website itself. Obviously clicking the link now wont do anything because the market is closed.

BTW, it is the absolute last thing that loads on the page so, it shouldn't slow anything down.

Hopefully someone enjoys this new feature because I spent WAY too long building it. Have a good weekend!

Wow! Thanks for listening and for your quick action...can't wait until Monday to check it out.

Head Honcho
    01-11-2013, 11:03 PM #107
    No problem. I enjoyed the challenge.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-11-2013, 11:53 PM #108

Charles,

Is there any way to see what rep rating was given to you and by whom?

David

Head Honcho
    01-12-2013, 04:21 AM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    Charles,
    Is there any way to see what rep rating was given to you and by whom?David
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile.
    The answer to your question was in the post you just quoted me in above! Good thing I just turned off the negative rep feature

Seriously though, click on that link in my quote or the settings link at the top of the page.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-12-2013, 08:28 AM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I don't know what I'm gonna do yet , but I do know, all men will reap what they have sown. that's really good enough for me
    True that, Karma can be a bitch

Page 11 of 14 ... 910111213 ...