Page 13 of 14 ... 311121314
    Addict
    01-13-2013, 09:37 AM #121
    I hate weekends......... or should I say I really look forward to Monday so I can see how my stocks are doing. In the meantime i try to catch up on my reading, to expand my investing skill and knowledge, or catching up on comments missed during the week here on the forum. For example, earlier last week Charles posted a poll to inquire if we preferred private or public access to this board. i voted this morning, and I wish to express that the reason I am fine with the openness we enjoy today is because (so far atleast) we have the pleasure of free exchange without the haggles, rules, and nuicances witnessed elsewhere........... If that should change, then perhaps privacy would be a future option.

My contribution to the discussion of the day (Reputation votes) is to say simply that I have no opinion except that I probably won't take the time to monitor it. I just hope that the contribution I make here is one that someone can gain from, and if my presence rubs anyone the wrong way, then I would hope they would be kind enough to tap me on the shoulder (via PM) with a friendly gesture of assistance to let me know how I might be better citizen.

And with that I say "thank you" to Charles for extending the welcome mat to this place where it feels good to be a part of a great bunch of fellas with a common goal and a healthy collection of constructive ideas............ and entertainment to boot.
    Now, who has the best clue as to what we might expect out of our dog in this coming week? Will we let our decisions be in favor of who served the best spaghetti, or might we be inclined to dig deeper into the tea leaves and trusted market indicators in hopes of finding the right triggers for our success?

PS. If yesterday's NFL games are any indication, I think to guess who will meet in the Super Bowl at this juncture is about as certain as predicting where the SIRI stock price will be two weeks from now. Who wudda thunk that Denver would've lost to Baltimore, and who really saw that butt whipping coming, that the '9-ers put on the cheese heads? Both good games to watch, however.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 01-13-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Mentor
    01-13-2013, 01:44 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey Denco, I too began learning and liking the P&F chart analysis, but for some reason I failed to easily grasp how to notice (and trust) the apparent entry and exit signals. Consequently, I went for the Stikky Stock Charts book recommended by Bassman, and I have to tell you I think I'm beginning to really like how it has opened my eyes and mind to a fairly believable trade strategy. If that's the book from Bassman you made reference to, then I highly recommend it............ but I have a question regarding your comment of "drawing your own charts". I use one of the same tools as the Bassman, that being Think or Swim at our TDA trading account. Surely your broker(s) (I think you use eTrade and Scottrade) each have similar charting tools such that you merely let the tool draw your chart, and on that you edit the trend lines or any other of the indices, oscillators, etc.

For what it is worth, I heard the Bassman make reference to his studies of the Elliott Wave, and after viewing the introductory videos at their web site, I must say it takes a clearer mind than mine to immediately grasp what that is all about. There might have been one other "trading system" the bassman has made reference to, but for now it escapes me.

Good luck in your charting and analyzing tasks.
    Thanks SLY

Yes the book I was refering to was The Stikky Stock Charts book he has recomended. I am glad to hear that you too find it well worth the read.
    Yes, I use Etrade and Scottrade. To have the ability to fully understand and use the available tools is my next level short term goal. Elliot Wave sounds like I will need to put that in the intermediate category.

Addict
    01-13-2013, 03:57 PM #123
    Personally I could care less about reps. I know there's haters out there, and what they think of me really doesn't mean a hill of beans to me. I know who my dogs are. I'm still gonna voice my opinion that's what the place is for. It just seems like good way to stir a skit pot to me and create more animosity. Heck I could get a negative just for writing this post, because it definately has nothing to do with SIRI.
    Last edited by Redcloud; 01-13-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Addict
    01-13-2013, 06:54 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Personally I could care less about reps. I know there's haters out there, and what they think of me really doesn't mean a hill of beans to me. I know who my dogs are. I'm still gonna voice my opinion that's what the place is for. It just seems like good way to stir a skit pot to me and create more animosity. Heck I could get a negative just for writing this post, because it definately has nothing to do with SIRI.
    Red, I agree with your attitude as expressed above. I tried to give you a positive "REP" but there was no star-badge...
    And then I realized I had to be logged in. Now thatI'm logged in, I have issued a positive REP for you. That otta make your day. Rep or no Rep, I think you are okay.

Addict
    01-13-2013, 07:30 PM #125
    Thanks SLY, yours and everyone's opinion is greatly appreciated. They are after all the main reason most of us are here. It's up to us thru dd of reading each others opinions each day to make our own decision on who we choose to listen to and like or dislike. I think we've all had enough drama.

Head Honcho
    01-13-2013, 08:02 PM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by hedymoney View Post
    I'm such a "newbee" I'm not even sure that I'm doing this correctly.
    Anyway it's early. I hope this makes sense. Count me in as someone who wants the Neg Option. Be well & thanks alot.
    Your vote is noted and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Heck I could get a negative just for writing this post, because it definitely has nothing to do with SIRI.
    This is obviously one of my concerns.

Positive rep is a like a hug or pat on the back... and who doesn't like that? Negative rep however has, at the very least, potential to rub people the wrong way.

Its been a few weeks now and even with a flood of new people, I am quite pleased to see the board has been relatively free of animosity. If we do decide to turn on the negative rep, you all need to be big boys and take it on the chin. If someone leaves you negative rep and you feel its unjust, just return the favor and leave it at that. Maybe people will think twice.

Remember, if you leave negative rep on someone like imromo24, he can give it right back to you 5X.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-13-2013, 08:07 PM #127
    Guys I am looking for some opinions if you would?

RSI is over 70.
    10ma and 20ma are still arcing upward.
    Slow Sto is overbought and the fast and slow line are still unified together.
    We have a true gap or open window at 2.92-2.95
    Some support at 3.15...3.00...2.95 (these are from my P&F high/low and closing charts)
    Friday we had a bullish candle with big volume.
    SiriusXm and Liberty looking to buy shares at some point.

Lastly the 5ma looks to be topping out. I feel we have about 2 days before we start going down (based on the curve of the 5ma) if nothing new happens. Which is a good thing to try and fit into our new price range. But I am perplexed on how to factor in the buy backs and new share purchases from Liberty. I am thinking they will buy in the 2.95 area then we will head back up. What do you folks think? Feel free to criticize My information I am still learning (I can take it).
    Last edited by abcdarin; 01-13-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Mentor
    01-13-2013, 08:56 PM #128
    I tend to agree with RC and SLY.

If you want to give someone a compliment then great if you don't then don't. If you don't like what someone has to say then put them on the ingnore list and you don't have to read there posts. Unfortunately there will be some that leave Neg info. because of their own personal feelings or beliefs or morals or sexual preferences or because they are pricks or because they smoked a joint and are paranoid or etc....that can detract from what this place is about. That is a place to share your ideas and thoughts whether you are advanced or a novice or real smart or kinda dumb. How can you determine someones IQ level, ignorance, or a brain fart rather than someone just yanking on your chain. You like someones comment or comments let them know. If you don't like what they have to contribute then don't. If you are very sensitive to what they have to say then PM them or put them on the ignore list.
    Last edited by denco1; 01-13-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Enthusiast
    01-13-2013, 10:02 PM #129
    okey dokey.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Increasing your rep is a long hard fought journey. You're going to need 50 low level people or 10 high level people to rep you just to get you to the second of eleven levels. In your example, the person your describing will not wind up with a top rated rep. There is no reason to leave negative rep because they're not going anywhere anyway.

BTW, people with years of experience and thousands of posts could erase all of your positive rep with one negative hit. Imagine 10 people you respect on this board all gave you high rep but, they happened to have low power (like the majority of you newcomers) and someone like me came along and thought your were being a clown, is it really fair for me to be able to undo all of your rep with one click? Because, that is what could happen.

That said, there is more to this forum than just stocks. Just because someone doesn't know about stocks doesn't mean they couldn't help someone with a hardware issue or just be a generally helpful person. Like in real life, your reputation is a sum of many things.

I'd be willing to bet any sum of money that people would simply leave negative rep on people they don't like or have had a problem with in the past regardless of their actual knowledge. Thats how people work.

So, what would end up happening is, people would complain to me, throw a fit, start a flame war, and create unwanted tension on the board. They would say the negative rep was unjust and ask me to remove it... and then what? We create an forum courtroom thread where we vote on the validity of negative rep? Ain't nobody got time for that!

1. I bet if you didn't know negative rep was an option, you wouldn't have cared. I blame myself for even mentioning it.
    2. Participating in repping is optional. You don't have to play if you don't want to.
    3. In the spirit of democracy and catering to the people of this forum... if after reading my thoughts on the subject, 10 people tell me they want negative rep turned on, you got it!

The fight for negative rep is on -- yea or nea?

Addict
    01-13-2013, 10:25 PM #130
    Denco, I emailed you with some info of interest, I hope. Let me know if questions.

PS to abcd: I tend to agree that without a new stimuli all the signals lead to a minor correction to say the least. My cards (or dry powder) sits at the gap between 2.91 and 2.95 in hopes of picking up a few shares if we should fall that deep. I actually tried (but failed) to show the fibonacci retracement overlay on my SIRI chart to illustrate that the retracement could be in the area of that gap. I agree that the RSI is overbought and MACD and slo sochastic each show a tendency to decline as shown in the following graphic.
    Attached Images Attached Images