01-09-2013, 12:10 PM #1

Stratus 6 -- DC power input -- Need a long cable with that specific pin ! Help

Hi All,

I have been using stratus 6 , installed by Circuit city in my 2007rav4. Now the power pin is broken and none of the ebay ones work . Tested the line from car battery and it shows 5.2v ( I cut the DC power wire) . Even soldering doesnt work.

Where can I buy a long power cable for that ? The tip is a enercell model 273-324 in radioshack .But I need one with a long power cord so I can remove the concealed /old one and install the new one in my rav4.

Pls advice ....this is frustrating , even XM can't help when I called them
    Thx!!
    kris

Head Honcho
    01-09-2013, 03:13 PM #2
    Welcome to the forums

When you say the eBay ones don't work... what exactly do you mean? Does the pin not fit?

Also, where does the current power cord plug in? Exactly how long does this wire need to be?

When I think of weird pin cables I immediately think of RadioShack but, it sounds like you already looked. What about going back to Circuit City where it was original installed? Maybe they can order you the same one again?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-10-2013, 12:25 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Welcome to the forums

When you say the eBay ones don't work... what exactly do you mean? Does the pin not fit?

Also, where does the current power cord plug in? Exactly how long does this wire need to be?

When I think of weird pin cables I immediately think of RadioShack but, it sounds like you already looked. What about going back to Circuit City where it was original installed? Maybe they can order you the same one again?

Circuit city is closed . In a nutshell , I need the DC power cable with PIN for stratus 6 that comes as part of package in the car kit installation kit . Don't want to buy that kit for this stupid piece of cable . There should be a way to get that cable elsewhere.
    Need cable to be ~6ft to be safe.

Can some one help !! Thanks

Head Honcho
    01-10-2013, 04:12 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by miserkris View Post
    Circuit city is closed.
    Unbelievable that I forgot about that. I remember watching the going out of business sale mayhem right down the street from me.

Quote Originally Posted by miserkris View Post
    In a nutshell , I need the DC power cable with PIN for stratus 6 that comes as part of package in the car kit installation kit . Don't want to buy that kit for this stupid piece of cable . There should be a way to get that cable elsewhere.
    Need cable to be ~6ft to be safe.
    Looks like this is exactly what you need; http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIRIUS-XM-Sa...item257984b2a0

It fits the Stratus 6 and has the cable you need.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder