Page 8 of 8 ... 678
    Enthusiast
    01-09-2013, 07:02 PM #71
    Thanks for the link SI! Some really good common sense for us really common shareholders

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Earlier today i was reminded of my Alan Farley book titled "Master Swing Trader", and after a bit of web surfing I relocated his 30 rules of swing trading which I thought to be worth sharing here. Given that most of us are actually Swing traders as opposed to Day traders by definition, hopefully these rules can be of service to you:
    http://www.thestreet.com/files/k/dst...ep_30rules.pdf

Guru
    01-09-2013, 07:43 PM #72
    Sold the news today after seeing the moving averages wiped out in one 8mil trade. Looking to get back from 2.95 to 3.01. With rsi over 70 on top of "sell the news" I figure protecting now was a good idea. Big resistance formed at 3.15 for the third time which made me jump.

Wanted 3.25 today, maybe tomorrow it peaks on one last move before heading to the middle bollinger which seems miles away. We shall see!

A new 4 year high close yesterday and a new intraday high today felt similar to the move from 2.97 to 2.70 after multiple breaks of highs.

Sure am interested at what point in the coming weeks the buybacks start and how liberty will or not participate

Guru
    01-09-2013, 07:48 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by blackops View Post
    Anybody else use "trade architect" from TDameritrade? You can watch CNBC thru it and when the commercials come on it goes silent and doesn't play them...love it!
    Yes I love that too, but for simplicity I prefer their command center 2.0

Head Honcho
    01-09-2013, 08:03 PM #74
    I know we have discussed this in a number of threads, PM's, and emails but, I'd like to consolidate everyones thoughts on keeping this section of the website public or taking it private so, I started a thread here; http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...vate-or-Public

Your opinions are respected and greatly appreciated, I wouldn't make an important decision like this without them.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-09-2013, 08:10 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Sold the news today after seeing the moving averages wiped out in one 8mil trade. Looking to get back from 2.95 to 3.01. With rsi over 70 on top of "sell the news" I figure protecting now was a good idea. Big resistance formed at 3.15 for the third time which made me jump.

Wanted 3.25 today, maybe tomorrow it peaks on one last move before heading to the middle bollinger which seems miles away. We shall see!

A new 4 year high close yesterday and a new intraday high today felt similar to the move from 2.97 to 2.70 after multiple breaks of highs.

Sure am interested at what point in the coming weeks the buybacks start and how liberty will or not participate
    Way to go IM.....you are right about the 3.15 ceiling it is pretty tough. I thought we were going to close higher today. I got greedy this morning and set some orders up to sell at 3.19 and 3.25. Then I was going to buy back lower on the close. So much for that!!

01-09-2013, 08:53 PM #76
    Liberty officially gets the 1 Billion in the vivendi lawsuit. that's a nice add to their coffers

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

Addict
    01-09-2013, 09:27 PM #77
    Well, none of my sells got filled today Was thinkin about selling some in AH, but been hanging out with son instead, that's worth alot more than SIRI. Guess I'm gonna hang out long for a minute, I ain't scared!!!

01-10-2013, 12:22 AM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by lbowa View Post
    a dividend is always a break even. when SIRI paid you the 5 cent dividend the stock price was adjusted down by 5 cents - just like it is for every company that pays a dividend. Where do you think the money comes from to pay the dividend?
    Money comes from the company. Where do you think it comes from?

01-10-2013, 08:33 AM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Well, none of my sells got filled today Was thinkin about selling some in AH, but been hanging out with son instead, that's worth alot more than SIRI. Guess I'm gonna hang out long for a minute, I ain't scared!!!

Family number 1,2, and 3. Your priorities are sound, and SIRI clearly going to be strong long.

Page 8 of 8 ... 678