Page 2 of 8 1234 ...
    01-09-2013, 09:55 AM #11
    Darn i thought frear at 9AM ET but rather it's pacific time. Gotta wait until noon here on the east coast. has anybody heard maffei's presentation yesterday?

Addict
    01-09-2013, 09:56 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdarin View Post
    SLY do you have a link to this ezone you could send me?
    I must give credit to INROMO24 for the link to Ezone. Here it is. Note that if you visit the link just above the chart (visit HOttinger Signals.com), you'll find explanation on how to use and interpret ezone. I'm certainly no expert, so questions probably ought to go to inromo24.
    http://www.windchart.com/ezone/signa...obrand=stockta

01-09-2013, 09:58 AM #13
    anyone ever look at this http://regsho.finra.org/regsho-Index.html
    it is short data just open a day and searc for SIRI

Enthusiast
    01-09-2013, 10:04 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I must give credit to INROMO24 for the link to Ezone. Here it is. Note that if you visit the link just above the chart (visit HOttinger Signals.com), you'll find explanation on how to use and interpret ezone. I'm certainly no expert, so questions probably ought to go to inromo24.
    http://www.windchart.com/ezone/signa...obrand=stockta
    Thanks..just checked it out. It is a very interesting site!!! Wonder if it works, the logic behind it sound okay.

Addict
    01-09-2013, 10:09 AM #15
    Bass, as I thumb through "the Master Swing Trader", what immediately strikes me is that I readily recognize stuff that were totally greek to me when I first got the book (probably 4 - 5 years ago). "Pattern Cycles" appears to be a main focus of the book, and with all my new-found knowledge from you guys, I'm quite confident this book will be a valuable asset in my tool kit. This is a hardback, 440 pages of meat. It's not the simple primer like Stikky Stock Charts, but probably just as valuable in this market.

I'll see if I can possibly find an online "teaser", or maybe an ebook version to refer you to before you make a purchase decision.

You know, mayb we ought to create a "recommended resources" topic here at SB where each of us could list, describe, and rate our books, tools, and other helpful tips.

01-09-2013, 10:22 AM #16
    I'll take Shortie, out back, with the plunger!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Thanks Chicago and Denco for the laughs this morning. I'm taking Miss Scarlet in the kitchen with 2 candlesticks!!

Addict
    01-09-2013, 10:24 AM #17
    Bass (and others interested), I did a Google search on "Master Swing Trader" by Alan Farley and came up with multitudes of hits, including his published list of 30 rules for swing trading, AND some links to available, free ebook downloads. Here's one which might serve as a good teaser. http://www.filestube.com/t/the+master+swing+trader

Enthusiast
    01-09-2013, 10:35 AM #18
    Looks like the early shake out to steal cheaper shares from the weak hands...

Edit @ 6:59 ... and the impatient
    Last edited by MLSiri; 01-09-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Guru
    01-09-2013, 11:33 AM #19
    Adding to the ezone discussions...

I belong to a pay charting site that also provides commentary on the daily stock ratings using their algo. One thing they always repeat is "Don't be in the stock market for the sake of being in the stock market" So if you check the ezone on any random stock ticker and its dead center, you know to stay away. If you look and its in the red area, and both zones are sloping up, buy it for a short term trade.

Almost like you don't need to even know what the company does for business. Make your money and move on and don't look back. You then check Macd and rsi to see how long you should stay in the trade.

Also they say the stock chart preceeds fundamentals. For example, I bought aapl as a risky play thinking it has to go up and ignored all my charts this last time they gave earnings. Well, the charts were right and aapl did not "surprise"

Enthusiast
    01-09-2013, 11:46 AM #20
    One hour to go...hope he's got some good info to spill

Page 2 of 8 1234 ...