Page 4 of 9 ... 23456 ...
    Addict
    01-15-2013, 02:24 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Zoom out farther, you have 3 months of serious turnover between 51 and 55, so clear 55, then you can form a handle, and perhaps break 60, market permitting - that scenario looks like it'll take months to play out.... which gives time for the market to do whatever it's gonna do.
    Dr. Dave, thanks for your observation and input. Maybe I'm too focused on short term to fully envision or appreciate what you have pointed out. I follow your insight as I zoomed out to a year, but in reality I'm not patient enough to wait so long for payback. I'm actually quite a rookie in investing, and so far I've settled into short term swing trades as my comfort zone. I'll keep an eye on that developing cup and handle however, and make a play if or when I think I am ready (meaning confident and patient).

Thanks again for your input.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    01-15-2013, 02:31 PM #32
    its running alright....it would be risky to jump in on this point unless you were just adding to a position though...its kind of on the "high" side of some of my trend lines...

even though i do show it breaking out of a symmetrical triangle pattern (red triangle)...it also has decent above average volume on this breakout, a good sign for the short term......maybe it can reach for the top of the original retracement with this triangle breakout??

MJNA 2013-01-15.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    Is MJNA breaking out on high volume?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=M...rce=undefined;

How should we celebrate?

01-15-2013, 02:40 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    its running alright....it would be risky to jump in on this point unless you were just adding to a position though...its kind of on the "high" side of some of my trend lines...

even though i do show it breaking out of a symmetrical triangle pattern (red triangle)...it also has decent above average volume on this breakout, a good sign for the short term......maybe it can reach for the top of the original retracement with this triangle breakout??

MJNA 2013-01-15.jpg

Thanks for the analysis. I have a little for fun, up 28% in a couple weeks since I finally bought in. I keep saying this, but I may just hold it for a while and see what happens. The next Phillip Morris? LOL

Mentor
    01-15-2013, 03:04 PM #34
    Any of you guys actively trade (swing, etc.)? Started late today, but see setups... AMPE, BGFV has vol coming in, could break, GFA good $5 break, lol - good old IVAN with an ugly pennant break, PLG past $1, RSYS breaking down at the moment, but could run still, likely for tomorrow, day late on TA (funny ticker)... all have vol coming in. Sorry to derail aapl talk.
    lol, man.... some of these guys took off and turned into DTs

BGFV broke out, PLG ran big time, IVAN trucking, as is TA

Oh well, I'm starting with a new broker here in a few days, so hopefully will repeat.

Mentor
    01-15-2013, 03:11 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Dr. Dave, thanks for your observation and input. Maybe I'm too focused on short term to fully envision or appreciate what you have pointed out. I follow your insight as I zoomed out to a year, but in reality I'm not patient enough to wait so long for payback. I'm actually quite a rookie in investing, and so far I've settled into short term swing trades as my comfort zone. I'll keep an eye on that developing cup and handle however, and make a play if or when I think I am ready (meaning confident and patient).

Thanks again for your input.
    Lol, yeah, even if you swing trade (which is 95% of what I do), you should always zoom out so you can see what's happening globally so you can refine what you believe the probabilities are for momentum and targets. A lot of folks do it backwards, ie. long term holders staring at intraday prices all the time (including pre- and post-market).

Head Honcho
    01-15-2013, 03:35 PM #36
    Apple is now trading under 10x forward earnings
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-15-2013, 03:42 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Apple is now trading under 10x forward earnings
    All three of my kids just bought in. Long term no brainer.

Guru
    01-15-2013, 04:45 PM #38
    Lol, yeah, even if you swing trade (which is 95% of what I do), you should always zoom out so you can see what's happening globally so you can refine what you believe the probabilities are for momentum and targets. A lot of folks do it backwards, ie. long term holders staring at intraday prices all the time (including pre- and post-market).
    I absolutely agree with DR Dave. zoom out to the 5 year chart and just see, it helps in case you get negative and losing on a swing trade to find your possible time frame to wait it out. And you'll see a support level so you know if you should just exit.

Head Honcho
    01-15-2013, 04:59 PM #39
    Im actually about to have a kid so, I need something a little more short term.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-15-2013, 09:09 PM #40
    Long term this stock should recover nicely, but IMO they bought in too early. Based upon the fact that the sp broke below the neckline of the head and shoulders pattern on high volume, the possibility that the sp is going much lower is highly likely. I'm staying on the sidelines until I see a technical indicator giving me reason to do so.

David

Page 4 of 9 ... 23456 ...