Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: Market Watch -January 2013

  1. #11
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,460
    If you like to judge a stock on a collaboration of intput, you should at least read their users comments following their earnings articles.

    Try to figure out Apples sales figures can be a nightmare, these guys are pretty good at it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  2. #12
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,460
    So, Apple got killed today because of a cut in iPhone part order but, what if they over ordered to begin with? What if they are busy developing and building the iPhone 6?

    A run past $700 was likely unsustainable but, I just don't see how this is a sub $500 stock.

    BTW, number products is a bad idea. iPhone 11? Dumb.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  3. #13
    radejs is offline
    Senior Member
    radejs's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    So, Apple got killed today because of a cut in iPhone part order but, what if they over ordered to begin with? What if they are busy developing and building the iPhone 6?

    A run past $700 was likely unsustainable but, I just don't see how this is a sub $500 stock.

    BTW, number products is a bad idea. iPhone 11? Dumb.
    Agree with you Buzz, cutting part orders can be for a lot of reasons, found it cheaper, new product development and phasing out old, etc. I think it is another over-reaction and an over sold situation I just had to buy into. Earnings next week will be interesting, even more so now that I am definitely going to hold through then.

  4. #14
    radejs is offline
    Senior Member
    radejs's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 388

    Verizon iPhone sales through the roof

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1110..._article_title

    I think a BIG positive, $15 profit/share quarter is coming next week

  5. #15
    imromo24 is offline
    Guru
    imromo24's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Steeler Town, MI Posts: 2,524
    for some reason I remember 486 as an important level for aapl, maybe there is a gap there, maybe even 435 rings a bell.

  6. #16
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,460
    The iPhone is actually why I hold a position in VZ. The Apple news doesn't jive with Verizons activations or iTunes registrations.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  7. #17
    yoda4x4 is offline
    Enthusiast
    yoda4x4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: NJ Posts: 103
    According to the P&F chart, AAPL is in the midst of a triple bottom breakdown which to me means there's further downside for the sp. The sp has support at 484.but if it breaks that level, watch out below because the next support level is at 392.

    David

  8. #18
    Limit5Bass is offline
    Senior Member
    Limit5Bass's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 443
    Yoda, there is a gap that could offer support also. Currently with yesterday's close, apple sits right above the neckline.

    AAPL 2013-01-14.jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    According to the P&F chart, AAPL is in the midst of a triple bottom breakdown which to me means there's further downside for the sp. The sp has support at 484.but if it breaks that level, watch out below because the next support level is at 392.

    David

  9. #19
    Limit5Bass is offline
    Senior Member
    Limit5Bass's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 443
    Here's a symmetrical triangle pattern for Deckers that I threw a little coin at. I'm playing the rebound to the top and anticipating an upwards breakout out of the triangle based on the volume patterns. Breakouts always need confirmation though. DYODD

    Bearish Reversal Symmetrical Triangle - DECK U1.jpg

  10. #20
    yoda4x4 is offline
    Enthusiast
    yoda4x4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: NJ Posts: 103
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Yoda, there is a gap that could offer support also. Currently with yesterday's close, apple sits right above the neckline.

    AAPL 2013-01-14.jpg
    Limit - in your chart you state "a break below the neckline on above average volume would confirm the head & shoulder pattern with a target of approx $415". Does that mean that the break has to be done with the closing sp or can it be done with the High/Low sp? It appeared as is if came close if not actually broke thru on the low of yesterday, which is why I ask.

    David

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •