Page 1 of 9 123 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    01-07-2013, 04:57 PM #1

Question Market Watch -January 2013

Let's start off the new year with one of the markets most talked about stock - Apple. What are your thoughts on Apple's next move?

AAPL 2013-01-04.jpg

Head Honcho
    01-07-2013, 07:35 PM #2
    Market watch has been resurrected!

I'm kicking myself for not selling my very substantial position at $700. That said, I think this stock makes it back to $700 after they report a better than expected holiday season. They poll all kinds of age groups from kids to adults and the bulk of the most requested holiday gifts are Apple products.

Im watching my family members under 6yrs old and over 60yrs old adopt Apple product as we speak. no one does it better, and until they do, I'm sticking with APPL.

I base this on nothing but my gut. I purchased my first iPod back in 2003 and within a week spent every penny I had on shares of AAPL. I was in college at the time and every last penny was a few grand. That few grand turned in to a downpayment on my house a few years later.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-07-2013, 08:10 PM #3
    Well, before it starts back to $700 or not, I would watch for a close above $595. Then it could be on it's way. Until then, I'm not so sure in the short-term.....their chart is rather bearish right now and has some work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Market watch has been resurrected!

I'm kicking myself for not selling my very substantial position at $700. That said, I think this stock makes it back to $700 after they report a better than expected holiday season. They poll all kinds of age groups from kids to adults and the bulk of the most requested holiday gifts are Apple products.

Im watching my family members under 6yrs old and over 60yrs old adopt Apple product as we speak. no one does it better, and until they do, I'm sticking with APPL.

I base this on nothing but my gut. I purchased my first iPod back in 2003 and within a week spent every penny I had on shares of AAPL. I was in college at the time and every last penny was a few grand. That few grand turned in to a downpayment on my house a few years later.

01-07-2013, 08:39 PM #4
    I have been loading AAPL aggressively in Dec and just again today. It is hard not to calculate apple going back to $650 in a month or two. It appears to be a no brainer. Apple is the temporary victim of it's phenomenal success.

01-07-2013, 09:19 PM #5
    I base this on nothing but my gut. I purchased my first iPod back in 2003 and within a week spent every penny on shares of AAPL. I was in college at the time and every last penny was a few grand. That few grand turned in to a downpayment on my house a few years later.[/QUOTE]

Great to have the willpower and foresight at that age to sacrifice for the future.

Head Honcho
    01-07-2013, 11:14 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Well, before it starts back to $700 or not, I would watch for a close above $595. Then it could be on it's way. Until then, I'm not so sure in the short-term.....their chart is rather bearish right now and has some work to do.
    Apples PE is stupid low. If it closes above $595, don't blink because $700 isnt far away. Thats the problem with this stock, they will blow away holiday sales estimates and no analyst will account for those massive sales numbers even though they do it every friggin year.

My portfolio is completely overweight in AAPL and I recently added to my position.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    01-07-2013, 11:16 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriMonkey View Post
    Great to have the willpower and foresight at that age to sacrifice for the future.
    Thank you, I think it was good foresight but, I dont think it was a huge sacrifice. I think more people should take big gambles at a young age while they still have time to recover. If I blow it now, I'm screwed!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-09-2013, 01:46 AM #8
    Maybe Apple decides to drop back into the channels and start a grind back upwards

AAPL 2013-01-08.jpg

Head Honcho
    01-10-2013, 12:33 AM #9
    Do you follow these guys? http://www.asymco.com/2013/01/07/est...-2013-quarter/

They are typically suprisingly accurate but, I haven't followed them in the last year or so. I remember them getting blowout quarters correct when the street was grossly underestimating. Its worth a read. And you'll like their charts
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-11-2013, 11:00 AM #10
    No, CLR I don't follow them. I usually march to the beat of my own drum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Do you follow these guys? http://www.asymco.com/2013/01/07/est...-2013-quarter/

They are typically suprisingly accurate but, I haven't followed them in the last year or so. I remember them getting blowout quarters correct when the street was grossly underestimating. Its worth a read. And you'll like their charts

Page 1 of 9 123 ...