Page 8 of 9 ... 6789
    Addict
    01-25-2013, 11:28 AM #71
    Hey Bass, might I take this opportunity to gloat on a bit of fortuitous action as regards my call on SBUX early last week? Recall I was observing a pending three-touch of the lower trend line which coincidentally aligned with a gap at $54, and was immediately following a Golden Cross........ My buy order at $54 filled last Tuesday, and this morning the stock hit $57.27 before backing off a few cents. I'm waiting to see if it wants to slide more, and if so, then I'll take my profits and wait for the next buy opportunity. Otherwise, I'm thinking of a trailing stop to maximize gains if it decides to go higher. Here's a snapshot of a few minutes ago:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    01-25-2013, 11:48 AM #72
    I did mention I liked the trade SI....very nice trade!! looks like its near the upper trend/resistance line......watch to see if it bursts through or if you should take profits and buy back at the lower trend line again...either way, again nice trade
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey Bass, might I take this opportunity to gloat on a bit of fortuitous action as regards my call on SBUX early last week? Recall I was observing a pending three-touch of the lower trend line which coincidentally aligned with a gap at $54, and was immediately following a Golden Cross........ My buy order at $54 filled last Tuesday, and this morning the stock hit $57.27 before backing off a few cents. I'm waiting to see if it wants to slide more, and if so, then I'll take my profits and wait for the next buy opportunity. Otherwise, I'm thinking of a trailing stop to maximize gains if it decides to go higher. Here's a snapshot of a few minutes ago:

Addict
    01-25-2013, 12:07 PM #73
    Yep, I decided to try a trailing stop of .75 which would assure me of $2 and change if it decides to slide back to the area of $56. I see that it bounced off of the upper trend line, and after reading they reported a strong Q4 today, decided to go with the trailing stop in hopes it might jump back over $57. This stuff is quite fun when you hit it right every once in a while.

Enthusiast
    01-25-2013, 01:10 PM #74
    I took a quick peek at AAPL and saw that it's down today, and then quickly looked at the high/low chart to see where support is for it. Based up the chart, it looks like there's no support until 392. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the stock continue to fall giving us a long leg down and a potential opportunity for a retrace back up. Based on this, I'll continue to keep eyeing the stock and may look for a buying opportunity around 400 or slightly lower.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.pnf?chart=AAPL,PLTBDANRBO[PA][D][F1!3!!!2!20]&pref=G

01-25-2013, 04:39 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Here is a close-up (5 min chart) of the DECK chart that I am watching for today if there is a breakout to the upside. The green line is the triangle line.....holding right above the line....looking good so far.....just needs a push now with a volume surge to confirm the breakout...

Attachment 772
    thanks limit in at 40.11 -- half stopped out at 42 -- letting rest ride --- may add if continues up -- great call

Addict
    01-26-2013, 01:11 PM #76
    Bass, since you seem to have a pretty good handle on chart analysis, I wonder if you have looked at or voiced an opinion on AAPL since it apparently has taken a serious dive and has created lots of new investor interest. Have you an opinion to share? Where do your tea leaves think it will go? I know you have incorporated Elliot Wave theory into your tool kit. How is that working out?

Addict
    01-28-2013, 11:51 AM #77
    SI, thanks for the compliments on the charting! Following is an update of an AAPL chart I posted several weeks back before the drop. The one item I do not mention on the chart is the red channel on the right side of the chart......once the share price closes outside and above the red channel for 2 closes, the downtrend will have stopped. That is what I will be watching for the next few weeks. The gap-up I mentioned is offering support so far.

EDIT: And as far as the Elliot Wave stuff....still lots to learn. Hard to find the first wave but once you do you can piece it all together. Trick is confirming that first wave. I still need lots of practice with it.

AAPL 2013-01-28.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Bass, since you seem to have a pretty good handle on chart analysis, I wonder if you have looked at or voiced an opinion on AAPL since it apparently has taken a serious dive and has created lots of new investor interest. Have you an opinion to share? Where do your tea leaves think it will go? I know you have incorporated Elliot Wave theory into your tool kit. How is that working out?
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 01-28-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Addict
    01-29-2013, 11:51 AM #78
    For those folks who might be asking "where has all that money gone that investors took out of AAPL", I offer the following list of the top 10 stocks which have become benefactors to that $140B of extra cash:
    RIMM, GMCR, ALU, NOK, NFLX, F, DELL, MU, HPQ, FSLR

I'm hoping to see RIMM and GMCR in my holdings soon, to join with NOK, F, and FSLR shares picked up yesterday and today.

Guru
    01-29-2013, 01:36 PM #79
    My take on aapl is the bottom was in at 435 for the time being at least, until it tops out around 508 ish.

yesterdays aapl candle was a piercing line, marking the bottom and it gapped up today confirming.

http://www.candlesticker.com/Cs39.asp

some online were also calling the 430 area a fib retracement level that would mark the bottom

Addict
    01-31-2013, 12:25 AM #80
    I think there will be a retest of the bottom soon. 2 dojis after an attempted bottom and I think it is saying it is going back for a retest. It will be interesting to see how apple closes out the week.

AAPL 2013-01-30.jpg

EDIT: And here is a long term view of Apple - I see that it stopped at my purple channel, which represents a gap-up as a temporary support area. I don't expect that gap to hold and my fib line shows a slightly different bottom.....I think my fib lines look good based on the volume note on my chart...

AAPL 2013-01-30.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    My take on aapl is the bottom was in at 435 for the time being at least, until it tops out around 508 ish.

yesterdays aapl candle was a piercing line, marking the bottom and it gapped up today confirming.

http://www.candlesticker.com/Cs39.asp

some online were also calling the 430 area a fib retracement level that would mark the bottom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 01-31-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Re-attached chart, wrong chart attached

Page 8 of 9 ... 6789