Page 6 of 7 ... 4567
    Addict
    01-04-2013, 04:10 PM #51
    Bravo, thanks to your suggestion I have just gotten off the phone with TDA, stating my request for a lower commission. The client service agent was quite helpful as he initiated what he called "negotiated commission" request, and he even went as far as to "volunteer" that he would use a figure such as 5 trades a week to help make my case. When I advised him that between my wife, two adult kids, and myself, we have in excess of a half mil dollars spread across 7 accounts, he sounded rather elated and commented that he will try to confirm a new commission structure for me within two business days.................. Too bad one has to actually initiate such a request................... but that happens in lots of businesses. Thanks again.

PS.......before that phone call I did verify that my current commission is $9.99, not the 10.99 stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I am one of the lucky ones who sold a large block at $3.17, then put those proceeds back for a buy at $3.09, then saw what appeared to be a rather rapid decline in that direction, so decided to drop that order down to $3.07. I obviouisly like the runup, but like eveyone else I know we can't go straight up for ever. With RSI now moving into "Overbought" and Slo Stochastics seemingly beginning to flatten out, I'm just thinking we might see a bit of a correction by today's close. I just hope it's not drastic (and far below my sell point). i also have lots of dry powder placed in the gap at 2.89 if and when we ever go there.

Mentor
    01-04-2013, 04:15 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by switchflare View Post
    Scottrade does allow margin on SIRI now that we've hit $3.00. It was a long awaited milestone for me since my biggest holding is in SIRI.
    Good to know Switchflare, thanks for the info.

Be careful with the margin while trading around the $3 mark. As soon as it falls below, if it does on a retrace, you will get a margin call.

01-04-2013, 04:24 PM #53
    Siriusly Invested thats great to hear that they are working with you. It all adds up.

Enthusiast
    01-04-2013, 04:57 PM #54
    Alrighty... so we closed at 3.10 on 107M+ in volume. What does that tell you? Does it spell that our run is ending or that it's going to be perpetuated? Or, is it a sign that Malone and company was busy buying today?

David

01-04-2013, 05:26 PM #55
    I would say that Liberty was buying today. I guess that we will find out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    Alrighty... so we closed at 3.10 on 107M+ in volume. What does that tell you? Does it spell that our run is ending or that it's going to be perpetuated? Or, is it a sign that Malone and company was busy buying today?

David

Addict
    01-04-2013, 05:40 PM #56
    I made my statement earlier that we are peeking into the Overbought region of the RSI, and the Slo Stochastic oscillator (usually a pretty good predictor of SIRI price movement) appearing as if it wants to flatten (then turn downward is usually the directional behavior after the line levels out). With the flatline price movement today, I'm thinking the market is in a holding patern, perhaps awaiting Frear's comments on the 9th. Of course, all of that can change with some unforeseen stimuli (or depressent) in the offing.

If you look at my attached chart of today's closing and if you subscribe to the belief that it shows a likely reflection downward off of the upper trend line, then all my hunches stack up for a correction beginning Monday. Of course, we must first monitor to see if
    that upper trend line theory is going to pan out. If not, then we break out (upward), and who knows where we go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Addict
    01-04-2013, 07:20 PM #57
    Anyone notice the SXM Commercials running on ESPN or the "This segment sponsored by SiriusXM" on one of their talk shows?

Mentor
    01-04-2013, 08:02 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    Anyone notice the SXM Commercials running on ESPN or the "This segment sponsored by SiriusXM" on one of their talk shows?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by denco1; 01-04-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Guru
    01-05-2013, 11:09 AM #59
    Here's my weekly chart. Would like to get to the top trendline formed by the move up from the very bottomScreenshot_2013-01-05-10-13-11.jpg better seen on this monthly chart Screenshot_2013-01-05-10-19-28.jpg
    Last edited by imromo24; 01-05-2013 at 11:14 AM.

01-05-2013, 12:14 PM #60
    what happen to the old rule of strength?
    ie rising stock price on high volume?
    maybe it doesn't apply because of FCC giving LM control.
    who knows? I sure don't. I'm staying put but have given serious thought of taking profits and trying to get back in lower on my IRA account. I need big moves to make it worth while on the shares in my normal tax account.

Page 6 of 7 ... 4567