Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    Enthusiast
    01-04-2013, 02:37 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I prefer Etrade as well. Scottrade does not allow margin on SIRI which is another reason I use Etrade primarily for my trading.
    That's interesting because I'm 1000x happier with Scottrade than I was with Etrade. Maybe it's because I'm a small timer compared to you guys but I didn't like the fact that Etrade was about to charge me inactivity fees, plus their regular fees are almost 3x what I'm paying at Scottrade. Besides, I don't like to use margin; too risky for me IMO.

David

Enthusiast
    01-04-2013, 02:41 PM #42
    one of the things that I liked about Scottrade is that they have "advanced conditional orders" -- which is quite a useful tool when traveling in areas where there is no Internet connection.

past tense b/c I've not used it for a while.

I prefer Etrade as well. Scottrade does not allow margin on SIRI which is another reason I use Etrade primarily for my trading.

Mentor
    01-04-2013, 02:43 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    That's interesting because I'm 1000x happier with Scottrade than I was with Etrade. Maybe it's because I'm a small timer compared to you guys but I didn't like the fact that Etrade was about to charge me inactivity fees, plus their regular fees are almost 3x what I'm paying at Scottrade. Besides, I don't like to use margin; too risky for me IMO.

David
    I don't dislike Scottrade. I actually traded there before Etrade. The margin is probably my biggest draw to Etrade but I also really like the EtradePro platform. I don't blame you on the margin thing. It is risky.

01-04-2013, 02:44 PM #44
    Anyone buyers here at current levels? Or are you taking some profits?

@yoda... check your PMs
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    01-04-2013, 02:45 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    one of the things that I liked about Scottrade is that they have "advanced conditional orders" -- which is quite a useful tool when traveling in areas where there is no Internet connection.

past tense b/c I've not used it for a while.
    What's up HB. Wheres my YELLOWBOX damnit.

Anything that has the word "advanced" in it makes me tune out............

Enthusiast
    01-04-2013, 02:56 PM #46
    Ha! You got your yellow box weeks ago...last night's highlight was the replay

seriously - the advanced conditional order is for guys just like you. you know where you want in/out and where it's going -- "if this, then that" orders are nice in such cases...especially if you don't want to be emotional about the trade.

...limh...kinda like hiring a hitman for yourself

What's up HB. Wheres my YELLOWBOX damnit.

Anything that has the word "advanced" in it makes me tune out.........

Addict
    01-04-2013, 03:08 PM #47
    I am one of the lucky ones who sold a large block at $3.17, then put those proceeds back for a buy at $3.09, then saw what appeared to be a rather rapid decline in that direction, so decided to drop that order down to $3.07. I obviouisly like the runup, but like eveyone else I know we can't go straight up for ever. With RSI now moving into "Overbought" and Slo Stochastics seemingly beginning to flatten out, I'm just thinking we might see a bit of a correction by today's close. I just hope it's not drastic (and far below my sell point). i also have lots of dry powder placed in the gap at 2.89 if and when we ever go there.

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Anyone buyers here at current levels? Or are you taking some profits?

@yoda... check your PMs

01-04-2013, 03:46 PM #48
    10.99 a trade whoa.
    If your an active trader with td it may be worth a phone call. I have it for $7 per trade and get the level 2 and all the other perks as well. It use to be $10 per trade, until I made the phone call. Making over 300 transactions a year at $7, It makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I've been quite pleased with TD Ameritrade for about 10 years now. I think their trade commission ($10.99) might be a little higher than some of the other online brokers, but there is absolutely no premium charge for AH or PM, and no limit on block size for that same fee. I use a lot of GTC plus extended hours trades and have traded right up to 8pm eastern. I frankly can't recall a trade executing prior to market opening, so cannot attest to just how early one can trade there. I will say also that they have excellent customer service, and their offerings of tracking and trading tools is second to none. Here is just one example, and apparently it is one of the few services offering free Level II:

Addict
    01-04-2013, 03:51 PM #49
    Thanks Bravo. I had no idea. I'll check it out. (I think I'm right about what I currently pay, but come to think of it, I've not actually studied a statement in a while).............Going to check that out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo863 View Post
    10.99 a trade whoa.
    If your an active trader with td it may be worth a phone call. I have it for $7 per trade and get the level 2 and all the other perks as well. It use to be $10 per trade, until I made the phone call. Making over 300 transactions a year at $7, It makes a huge difference.

01-04-2013, 03:57 PM #50
    Scottrade does allow margin on SIRI now that we've hit $3.00. It was a long awaited milestone for me since my biggest holding is in SIRI.

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567