View Poll Results: Is the text on the site too light to read?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • I don't care

1 12.50%
    08-08-2008, 04:40 PM #1

Grey text in the news section

Does anyone know why, when viewing the "news" page, that the text on siriusbuzz is a light grey rather than just black! I'm using FF3, anyone else with weak eyes have this problem...?

08-08-2008, 05:13 PM #2
    It's definitely (darkish on my computer) grey, but if it's that difficult to read, the contrast sharpness, or one of those other things on your monitor might be off.

If that doesn't help you can always resort to this:

Tools > Options > Content > Colors > Allow Pages to Choose Their Own Colors, Instead of my Selections Above

But that makes your internet look really bland if you leave it on all the time.

There's also the good old "CTRL +" zoom command which will make it more visible.

Or there is this snazzy Mozilla add-on that let's you change the text color for specific webpages, and it remembers your preferences the next time you visit.

Head Honcho
    08-08-2008, 05:57 PM #3
    Is the problem just in the "news" section? The text is not black but that is because black on white is tough on the eyes. If you look at the new york times website (the first news site I checked) you will see that they do not use black text either. It is actually #333333 while black is #000000 (for those who understand hex color codes).

Lets start a poll.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    08-08-2008, 06:24 PM #4
    I noticed that as well. It's also hard to distinguish hyperlinks from the text

08-08-2008, 07:43 PM #5
    Charles, no it is actually on the forum also, but since the font is larger it looks "darker".
    zcurzan, I downloaded the the add-on you mentioned and I am going to take a look at that...

Thanks,
    Scott

08-11-2008, 11:51 PM #6
    zcurzan,
    Thanks for the Add-on link, I've been using it for a few days, and it works pretty good. I can just change the color of the text on the page. One thing I noticed is that there is 1 shade darker than what is on sb, before you get to all out black. That would be a nice change, and probably wouldn't be so harsh as all black... Anyway - my eyes are very grateful

Head Honcho
    08-12-2008, 12:18 AM #7
    I am going to set a reminder for myself to change the font to be a tad bit darker this week.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    08-12-2008, 07:04 AM #8
    Like the text in your signature, the "Let Freedom Ring" part is probably too dark, but the text on the site is kind of light. Doesn't bother me, though.

Head Honcho
    08-12-2008, 11:03 PM #9
    The text is officially darker... you guys are going to probably tell me that it is too dark now
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder