Page 5 of 13 ... 34567 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    01-03-2013, 12:39 PM #41
    a combination of trend lines, fibonnaci retracements & extensions, and candle formations. that is my method
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how do you all go about picking entry points for non-SIRI stocks? I've got 2 stocks that I'm looking at buying shares of and am trying to figure out the when and where of them.

David

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 12:49 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    a combination of trend lines, fibonnaci retracements & extensions, and candle formations. that is my method
    Limit - since I'm not familiar with 3/4 of what you posted, would you mind if I PM'd you with the stocks asking for your suggestions of re-entry point.

David

Addict
    01-03-2013, 12:49 PM #43
    David, if I have any luck at all with my attachment inclusion skills, I might illustrate how I am planning a reentry to SBUX (Starbucks). Note in my attached a recent small gap at around $53.75, but a much broader one a few weeks earlier which appeals to me at around $46.50 as an attractive reentry point.

Perhaps a better part of my direct reply to your question would be to find yourself a user-friendly charting tool (mine is via my TDA trading account, and is called Think or Swim). Couple the charts with knowledge from a great little book called "Stikky Stock Charts". Hopefully my attachment reveals both assets that I rely on for buying and selling wisdom.

Just out of curiousity, how do you all go about picking entry points for non-SIRI stocks? I've got 2 stocks that I'm looking at buying shares of and am trying to figure out the when and where of them.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

01-03-2013, 01:03 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @Yoda4x4... check your PM's I gave you a couple of links to some proxy servers which will allow you to visit websites that you are having problems with from work.

Howdy Midas, Just sent you PM

Addict
    01-03-2013, 01:04 PM #45
    nice chart SI. after a poke out of the bottom of the ascending triangle, that could propel and thrust that thing into a breakout coming up....I would have to see a little more of the chart to see at what point the ascending triangle comes in a larger trend though before you could anticipate a brekout to the upside or downside.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    David, if I have any luck at all with my attachment inclusion skills, I might illustrate how I am planning a reentry to SBUX (Starbucks). Note in my attached a recent small gap at around $53.75, but a much broader one a few weeks earlier which appeals to me at around $46.50 as an attractive reentry point.

Perhaps a better part of my direct reply to your question would be to find yourself a user-friendly charting tool (mine is via my TDA trading account, and is called Think or Swim). Couple the charts with knowledge from a great little book called "Stikky Stock Charts". Hopefully my attachment reveals both assets that I rely on for buying and selling wisdom.

01-03-2013, 01:05 PM #46
    Hey Sly! How are you doing in this market? Are you still in Sirius XM? It's moving on up toooo the east siiiiiiide in a DEEEELUXE apartment in the skyyyyyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by slightbuzz View Post
    Howdy Midas, Just sent you PM
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    01-03-2013, 01:05 PM #47
    you can PM me if you want

EDIT: I will take a quick glance at your stocks and identify support and resistance areas, but not give any advice as to an entry point.
    Limit - since I'm not familiar with 3/4 of what you posted, would you mind if I PM'd you with the stocks asking for your suggestions of re-entry point.

David

01-03-2013, 01:09 PM #48
    LB is the best... he's helping me on a stock that I am trading called OPK (OPKO Health).

EDIT: I will take a quick glance at your stocks and identify support and resistance areas, but not give any advice as to an entry point.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

01-03-2013, 01:09 PM #49
    Hey Sly! How are you doing in this market? Are you still in Sirius XM? It's moving on up toooo the east siiiiiiide in a DEEEELUXE apartment in the skyyyyyyyyy.
    Im still in... yesterday i dumped all my margin around 3. I still have a full boat (non-margin). Thinking of dropping a bit more here at 3.05 if i can get it. Overall rockin this market!

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 01:11 PM #50

Good deal... I will take you up on that.

LB is the best... he's helping me on a stock that I am trading called OPK (OPKO Health).
    Yes he is!

David

Page 5 of 13 ... 34567 ...