12-29-2012, 10:33 PM #1

False Advertisement / Customer Service Is A Joke

Be careful of the renewal scam. I bought a brand new Ford with the typical trial period of Sirus radio with the weather package. A few days before the plan was going to end I received a phone call asking if I wanted to continue my service. I was offered a full year for one price for the platinum package. I agreed and paid. After a couple days go by I tried to check the weather in my truck and received a failure on the screen showing not activated. I called the number on the screen and was asked to hold. After 35 minutes on hold I was asked to pay an additional $24 for 4 months for the weather package. I felt that had I just got scammed. I asked to speak to a manager. The desk level agent put me through to another desk level agent. I had to spend another 20 minutes explaining all over again. The so called customer service agent told me that he could give me the same package for $24 for the whole year and that the original person should have told me that I was not getting the weather package. I was trying to ask to speak to a manager but the agent kept getting louder and tried to speak over me. I finally was put through to a manager after an hour. The manager just kept trying to tell me sorry and tell me how much the package was. I don't understand why the renewal agent did not tell me that the platinum package is not what you have now.

If you decide to keep your service be sure to ask what all your getting. If you don't you'll be stuck like I am. The customer service is a joke and pushes you off to the next person, no one truly helps you.

12-30-2012, 06:07 PM #2
    When you signed up for the package, why didn't you ask if it was included? Yes they should have asked, but they're not required to. The agent probably wasn't psychic knowing that you wanted the weather package with the renewal of your service. If you want the weather package, you have to pay for it, it's not free. Yes it wasn't put on there initially, but both people are at fault.

Head Honcho
    12-30-2012, 09:41 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Frederick View Post
    The customer service is a joke and pushes you off to the next person, no one truly helps you.
    The SiriusXM Facebook support team is very good. If you're seeking justice, I would start there.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder