Page 3 of 10 12345 ...
    Mentor
    12-20-2012, 11:48 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by nytimbo58 View Post
    I am still a member over there also, but new forum is being filtered by employers websense software, will still read at night when home, but as I said Bass, Denco, and what appears to be HB, JBB, sorry if didn't mention you, and the many familar names, you guys insight is invaluable.

Now if at work I only had the time to buy the daily dip in SIRI that happens most every day first hour or two of trading. But it seems also everytime I try it does not cooperate and goes against me.
    What exactly does this mean Timbo??...what is websense software??

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    12-20-2012, 11:54 AM #22
    It is a software tool for Timbo's employer to keep employees off certain types of websites, such as forums, chat rooms, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    What exactly does this mean Timbo??...what is websense software??

Enthusiast
    12-20-2012, 11:54 AM #23
    so, today...it's a bit chilly...

IMG_4266.jpg
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Mentor
    12-20-2012, 11:58 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    It is a software tool for Timbo's employer to keep employees off certain types of websites, such as forums, chat rooms, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    he means that his employer doesn't like him to read that site - it's blocked.
    Thanks guys!

Mentor
    12-20-2012, 12:09 PM #25
    Sirius XM Radio Settlement Approved by U.S. Appeals Court

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...tml?cmpid=yhoo

12-20-2012, 12:18 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    smart phone with wifi turned off using 3G or 4G is a bypass of employers systems.

Enthusiast
    12-20-2012, 12:35 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    smart phone with wifi turned off using 3G or 4G is a bypass of employers systems.
    LMAO. Now I know why my employees are always on their phones.

Enthusiast
    12-20-2012, 12:39 PM #28
    So what exactly were the terms of the settlement?

Mentor
    12-20-2012, 12:45 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    I don't remember the exact terms but they were very favorable to SIRI and the Class settlement was on appeal. Seems the appeal has been shot down in favor of the original settlement. Spencer wrote an article or 2 on this I believe a while back. I will see if I can find it.

http://siriusbuzz.com/summary-judgem...shenk-case.php

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-clas...ver-though.php
    Last edited by denco1; 12-20-2012 at 01:04 PM.

12-20-2012, 12:47 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    Sirius XM Class-Action Settlement Upheld by Appeals Court
    By Don Jeffrey and Bob Van Voris on December 20, 2012

Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) and its customers won appeals court approval of a class-action lawsuit settlement challenged by some satellite radio subscribers who claimed they got too little and lawyers too much.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan today affirmed a ruling by a lower court that approved the suit settlement, valued at $180 million. Plaintiffs’ lawyers were awarded $13 million in fees.

“Competent counsel appeared on both sides, and settlement was reached only after contentious negotiations,” the appeals judges said in their opinion. “Thus the district court did not abuse its discretion when it presumed the proposed settlement was procedurally fair.”

Subscribers sued Sirius XM Radio in 2009, claiming that it violated antitrust law when it raised prices after Sirius Satellite Radio acquired its only competitor, XM Satellite Radio, in 2008. They said Sirius broke promises it made to win merger approval from the Federal Communications Commission.

Sirius XM argued that the price increases were justified to cover higher costs.

In August 2011 Sirius XM won District Court approval of a settlement before a trial was to take place. The accord provided for an unchanged subscription price for five months ending last Dec. 31.

The appeal is Blessing v. Sirius XM Radio, 11-3696, Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (Manhattan). The lower-court case is Blessing v. Sirius XM Radio, 09-10035, U.S. District Court, District of New York (Manhattan).

To contact the reporters on this story: Don Jeffrey in New York at djeffrey1@bloomberg.net; Bob Van Voris in New York at rvanvoris@bloomberg.net.

Page 3 of 10 12345 ...