View Poll Results: Did you subscribe to SiriusXM before investing in SIRI?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I was a subscriber before I was an investor.

13 44.83%
  • No, but, I did subscribe after I made some cash with SIRI.

10 34.48%
  • I have never been a subscriber, I just love the stock.

6 20.69%
Page 8 of 9 ... 6789
    12-19-2012, 06:34 PM #71
    JBBQ... you can visit here --> http://shortsqueeze.com

I was thinking about signing up for a month to see how the data could help in trading. They give you basic short information for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBBQ View Post
    I wonder if there's anybody that can get the short data on a daily basis
    QUOTE=sxminvestor;76263]So was the drop to 2.90 to get those big block buys or was the drop caused by those being sells and then just MM created rally the rest of the day to create 3.00 breakout FOMO.

Is there even more news coming out today/tomorrow.

I wonder if new shorts got put on again at 2.98 - 99 today.

Either way, it appears to have held up real well in a bad market and maybe 2.90 became solid support after today unless the market really goes haywire down.
    [/QUOTE]
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Head Honcho
    12-19-2012, 06:56 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    I am waiting out my $55 target on DDD right now
    I've been wanting to get into 3D printers and cell towers but, I feel like I missed the boat. American towers and 3D Systems were both on my radar.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-19-2012, 07:22 PM #74
    What about gun stocks? Too late or just the beginning? People are/or will be running out to buy assault rifles and semi's when they start hammering new legislation?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I've been wanting to get into 3D printers and cell towers but, I feel like I missed the boat. American towers and 3D Systems were both on my radar.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    12-19-2012, 07:40 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBBQ View Post
    I wonder if there's anybody that can get the short data on a daily basis
    QUOTE=sxminvestor;76263]So was the drop to 2.90 to get those big block buys or was the drop caused by those being sells and then just MM created rally the rest of the day to create 3.00 breakout FOMO.

Is there even more news coming out today/tomorrow.

I wonder if new shorts got put on again at 2.98 - 99 today.

Either way, it appears to have held up real well in a bad market and maybe 2.90 became solid support after today unless the market really goes haywire down.
    [/QUOTE]

Daily short interest does not carry much value in my opinion. It is no more important than long volume, and neither can give you a really good insight into what happens next. Want to test it? Look at the short data and determine if it would generate a buy or sell signal in your opinion. Then look at the long data and do the same. If the short data signals a sell, then the long data should as well. There are two sides to a market and both get played. With Sirius XM there is a natural short position of about 250 million shares thanks to things like the converts. Convert holders that are short never have to cover. This equity can cover the short position in about 3 days.

It's funny, people seem to hate the shorts. Some of the most successful active traders I know are the ones that short equities. If I were an active trader and SIRI spiked to $3.25 tomorrow, I would short it in a heartbeat.

Head Honcho
    12-19-2012, 07:48 PM #76
    If this stock spikes to 3.25 tomorrow, I will happily make my first active trade in years.

One can dream...
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    12-19-2012, 07:57 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    What about gun stocks? Too late or just the beginning? People are/or will be running out to buy assault rifles and semi's when they start hammering new legislation?

I went to a gun show in Portland this past Sat. I have never seen it so busy. People have been buying guns in earnest since Obama got elected and now a huge spike since the shootings. Time to short gun stocks here in 2-3 weeks as I believe there will be restrictions on AR's if not a ban. But people are out in big numbers buying. I bought 2 ar-15 high cap mags and a Glock 33 round 9mm mag....these will be banned

12-19-2012, 08:03 PM #78
    Thanks blackops! You know, I am one of those that thought about running up to the store and buying a civilian AR15 but then I thought, who cares. I don't need it, won't shoot it, etc. I will keep an eye on it though. Appreciate the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by blackops View Post
    I went to a gun show in Portland this past Sat. I have never seen it so busy. People have been buying guns in earnest since Obama got elected and now a huge spike since the shootings. Time to short gun stocks here in 2-3 weeks as I believe there will be restrictions on AR's if not a ban. But people are out in big numbers buying. I bought 2 ar-15 high cap mags and a Glock 33 round 9mm mag....these will be banned

Head Honcho
    12-19-2012, 08:31 PM #79
    People have always had a reason to go crazy and buy guns because of the impending gun control doom ready to be smacked down on the public but, that doom never comes.

I wonder if its just an excuse for guys to tell their wives so they can buy more toys? Honey, you don't understand, Obama is going to take all of our guns away, I need to buy more before its too late!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-19-2012, 08:33 PM #80
    Shhh... you are going to ruin my XMAS!!! HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    People have always had a reason to go crazy and buy guns because of the impending gun control doom ready to be smacked down on the public but, that doom never comes.

I wonder if its just an excuse for guys to tell their wives so they can buy more toys? Honey, you don't understand, Obama is going to take all of our guns away, I need to buy more before its too late!

Page 8 of 9 ... 6789