View Poll Results: Should Sirius XM Buy Back Shares and Issue a Dividend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Maybe

1 16.67%
    12-06-2012, 09:10 AM #1

Sirius XM Radio OKs $2 Bln Stock Buyback Plan, Special Cash Dividend of $0.05 per shr

I will be honest... i never thought this would happen. I don't think Sirius XM has any business borrowing money to buyback stock and issuing a dividend to shareholders. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Also, I was 100% wrong as I told people this would never happen. I am still shaking my head in disbelief. I guess a congratulations to Sirius XM investors is in order.

On a side note, the trend of issuing dividends or special dividends is on the rise because of the tax savings. I suspect that maybe Apple will relinquish some if its cash. Maybe the telco's like Verizon and AT&T will issue a 1 time special dividend this month. Maybe Wal-Mart will too. If you guys love to make speculative trades, consider buying Apple, AT&T, Verizon for the possibility of a 1 time special dividend.
    Last edited by midas360; 12-06-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Adding Additional Thoughts...
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    12-06-2012, 01:00 PM #2
    Hey Midas, thats great news. This is my first post here, hoping im doing this right. Nice to see some of my pals here from swp, denco, rc, and the rest, too many to name, lol. Anyways....great unexpected news with divy. I knew that the bb was in place but the divy shocked me! LONG N STRONG SIRI!!

12-06-2012, 03:07 PM #3
    My favorite personality from the past, DM_4!!!! You have got to be the luckiest guy I know. Congrats on the special dividend. I wish I still had my 225K shares. DAMN! Good to see you again!

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Hey Midas, thats great news. This is my first post here, hoping im doing this right. Nice to see some of my pals here from swp, denco, rc, and the rest, too many to name, lol. Anyways....great unexpected news with divy. I knew that the bb was in place but the divy shocked me! LONG N STRONG SIRI!!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

12-06-2012, 04:11 PM #4
    Midas 360

Apple declared a 2.65 @ share dividend earlier this year starting in their fourth quarter. About time.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...idend-16-years
    Last edited by Atypical; 12-06-2012 at 04:14 PM.

12-06-2012, 04:56 PM #5
    Thanks man! We I suspect a lot of companies are looking into special dividends or paying them early this year. Let us know if you read about any others. It will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Midas 360

Apple declared a 2.65 @ share dividend earlier this year starting in their fourth quarter. About time.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...idend-16-years

Mentor
    12-06-2012, 11:58 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    What's going on DM. I've just started posting here a few days ago too. Sweet SIRI news today. Too bad that damn lazy dog didn't get the message. He was probably busy licking his balls. Maybe he wakes up and we get a little pop that holds tomorrow.

12-07-2012, 11:11 AM #7
    Brandon Mathews is a thief. Also very glad I didn't dump my 291000 shares when he said.

Guru
    12-07-2012, 01:37 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    What's going on DM. I've just started posting here a few days ago too. Sweet SIRI news today. Too bad that damn lazy dog didn't get the message. He was probably busy licking his balls. Maybe he wakes up and we get a little pop that holds tomorrow.
    Hey Denco...yeah great news yesterday. I actually thought becuz of news yesterday this forum would be "buzzing" but it seemed dead here. I think i may have actaully been on the wrong threat tho. the weekly thing kinda threw me off a bit i think. Dont worry.....this lazy dog will lick its balls end of jan, begining of feb. This qrtr will be blow out. LONG N STRONG SIRI my friends!

Guru
    12-07-2012, 01:39 PM #9
    how is my favorite conjoined idiot doing?

Guru
    12-07-2012, 01:40 PM #10
    good job navyvet!!