View Poll Results: Should Sirius XM Buy Back Shares and Issue a Dividend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Maybe

1 16.67%

Thread: Sirius XM Radio OKs $2 Bln Stock Buyback Plan, Special Cash Dividend of $0.05 per shr

Threaded View

Sirius XM Radio OKs $2 Bln Stock Buyback Plan, Special Cash Dividend of $0.05 per shr

I will be honest... i never thought this would happen. I don't think Sirius XM has any business borrowing money to buyback stock and issuing a dividend to shareholders. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Also, I was 100% wrong as I told people this would never happen. I am still shaking my head in disbelief. I guess a congratulations to Sirius XM investors is in order.

On a side note, the trend of issuing dividends or special dividends is on the rise because of the tax savings. I suspect that maybe Apple will relinquish some if its cash. Maybe the telco's like Verizon and AT&T will issue a 1 time special dividend this month. Maybe Wal-Mart will too. If you guys love to make speculative trades, consider buying Apple, AT&T, Verizon for the possibility of a 1 time special dividend.
    Last edited by midas360; 12-06-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Adding Additional Thoughts...
    Voted the Best Endowment Fund Analyst EVER!

2. Ad Fairy Senior Member