12-05-2012, 05:42 PM #1

An ounce of prevention may save me ~ $500 :)

I am almost too embarrassed to ask but here it is:

I currently have a lifetime subscription and use the SC-C1 tuner in combination with a Sony interface (SNYSC1) to listen to Sirius on an aftermarket car stereo. I am considering the purchase of a Pioneer radio (AVH 8400BH).

If I want to listen to Sirius on the new radio, I need not contact SiriusXm and modify my subscription, correct? It would be a simple matter of replacing the SNYSC1 with a bus interface that is compatible with the new pioneer radio (CD-SB10), right?

Head Honcho
    12-05-2012, 08:40 PM #2
    It wasn't that embarrassing. Welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by jboik View Post
    If I want to listen to Sirius on the new radio, I need not contact SiriusXm and modify my subscription, correct?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jboik View Post
    It would be a simple matter of replacing the SNYSC1 with a bus interface that is compatible with the new pioneer radio (CD-SB10), right?
    Correct.

From the product subscription of the AVH 8400BH...

Sirius Satellite Radio: For Sirius there are two options; connect the SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and the CD-SB10 Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRPION, sold separately), or use the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (130CDSB10, sold separately) and the SIRIUS dock-and-play adapter (607SCVDOC1, sold separately) along with a compatible portable SIRIUS radio.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-06-2012, 10:30 AM #3

Thank you for the welcome and the answers to my questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It wasn't that embarrassing. Welcome to the forums

Correct.

Correct.
    That's great! I didn't want to use up my last tuner transfer opportunity

Head Honcho
    12-06-2012, 02:16 PM #4
    No problem.

Just to be clear, the SC-C1 is the tuner. Since you plan on reusing the actual tuner brain, there is no need to transfer. It is a bit weird since the SC-C1 isn't the interface you interact with but, it is what the subscription is tied to.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder