11-28-2012, 02:02 AM #1

Lifetime premier subscription not getting premier channels?

Hi!

I bought a lifetime xm premier subscription in 2009. Been listening for years. As of middle of this month I've stopped getting the premier channels. No Howard Stern, no Playboy, etc. But also, no NFL play-by-play channels (225-239 & 88).

I get all the other channels just fine.

I've called support a dozen times. Talked to a dozen different support people and they all have me doing the same thing: unplug the radio, remove it from the cradle (it's a home unit), plug it back in, send refresh signal, send master refresh signal, wait 2-3 days for all the channels to load. And nothing.

It seems like the support people are all reading from the same script--but we keep doing the same "fix it" steps and nothing gets fixed. I still am not getting the premier channels. They even sent me a new (refurbished) radio. Same problem, so that means my old radio wasn't "broken".

Now it's been escalated a 2nd time and I have to wait another 5-10 business days before I can expect to hear something back from them. I don't understand what's taking so long.

Is anyone else experiencing a loss of their premier channels? Has anyone else had this problem and had it fixed? If so, what solved the problem? What was the problem?

Thanks!

Jeff

Head Honcho
    11-28-2012, 02:09 AM #2
    Jeff, welcome to the forums.

In short, I have not heard of anyone losing premier channels but I have heard countless stories of accounts winding up in bad states over the last month from perfect functioning radios which stopped working to free trial people upgrading to the paying service only to have the service shut off after finalizing payment. Really weird stuff.

I am totally speculating but, its as if their member database is unstable or they are having migration issues merging the Sirius and XM sides together. What really stinks and likely won't make you feel any better is that its pretty rare all things considered... its like winning a shitty lottery. Sorry!

Have you tried their Facebook support? Leave a message on their wall describing your problem and an upper level US based support person will get back to you before the end of the day. Hope this helps. Good luck and PLEASE report back when you find out the issue and they solve it so we can share the fix with everyone.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-29-2012, 12:31 AM #3
    Thanks, Charles.

I've resisted going to their Facebook page because I'm just not a fan of Facebook. Likely a minority viewpoint, but it's the way I feel. Nonetheless, I'm going to take your advice. I'm really, really frustrated with their Listener Care support personnel. They just don't seem to want to listen to the problem, but rather repeat the same scripts over and over hoping some miracle will happen.

When I hear back from the Facebook page, and get this resolved, I'll come back here and leave an update.

Thanks again, Charles!

Head Honcho
    11-29-2012, 06:58 AM #4
    It likely is a minority viewpoint but, it also one I find easily understandable. There are plenty of us who use Facebook as only a necessary evil.

No problem and good luck!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder