Page 1 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    08-09-2008, 12:39 PM #1

What New Products Would You Like To See?

First on my wish list is an internet based Sirius Conductor. Sirius XM need to make a stand alone internet device like the Conductor that only plays the premium stream via either a wifi or ethernet connection. The Sirius Conductor is cool but the SQ off the satellite while OK for the car is somewhat lacking for a good home system. Additionally, having to run the wire to a window facing the right direction can be a hassle and unsightly. Years ago, the cable company used to offer a music service called DMX. It also had an LCD in the remote that gave the music info. The Sirius Conductor via the internet stream would be a winner that has the potential to get another $2.99 out of OEM customers. I know Logtech makes the Squeezebox but I am talking about a device that only plays Sirius (or XM) premium stream and costs ~$100.

A portable handheld Wifi device that receives the wifi internet stream would be a winner. The Stiletto is cooler because it works off a the satellite and wifi but it requires a second subscription and a premium internet stream upgrade to get the full benefit. That's $10 more. I think alot of car only subscribers could be convinced to spend another $2.99 for use with either a Internet Conductor or a WIFI portable if they were available.
    Last edited by James; 08-09-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-10-2008, 10:12 AM #2
    Interoperable receivers! We need these in retail ASAP. It will help end consumer confusion.

Enthusiast
    08-10-2008, 11:36 AM #3
    Interoperable receivers are kind of a given at this point. The true benefit of them will only exist if you can add the XM sub for the $6.99 price. Either that or if you can do ala carte across services.

Enthusiast
    08-10-2008, 04:45 PM #4
    Yes interops are a given, but they need to get here fast. I think all interops should have cross platform a la carte capabilities, and another advantage would be for people who would like to switch from service to service seasonally based on sports interests, without an additional cost... well, I'm sure they'll tack on some kind of small switching fee.

And yes... every channel from both services should not cost more than $20.

These are just my opinions, though.

Oh yeah, a certified iPhone app is a must. If not for anything but greater exposure.

08-10-2008, 06:20 PM #5
    Wasn't XM getting ready to launch their own certified iPhone app right before the merger finally came through? I thought it was the same time as the uSirius buzz.

Banned
    08-10-2008, 08:56 PM #6
    I'll tell you what I'd like to see. I'd like to see this radio become satellite radio enabled. They are owned by millions of construction workers and can be found on just about every construction site in the United States...and that includes the house they're renovating on your street....

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...productID=8042

Enthusiast
    08-10-2008, 11:42 PM #7
    That link should be sent to someone at Sirius product development or marketing.

08-11-2008, 10:30 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by crfceo View Post
    I'll tell you what I'd like to see. I'd like to see this radio become satellite radio enabled. They are owned by millions of construction workers and can be found on just about every construction site in the United States...and that includes the house they're renovating on your street....

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...productID=8042
    They actually have something like that they developed. It's a Home Depot exclusive. I think it was made by Bosch though. It was super cool when I saw it, but I don't think it came out.

I've heard this same thing, that people want an integrated super heavy duty boombox. I've passed on the demand for that fairly recently. I know it's something that was considered for sure. I will try to pass it on again.

08-11-2008, 08:59 PM #9
    Here is what I would like to see. More stations in tune with what one may find thru "Slacker" and such services. So, rock is rock and pop is pop but what I have found is the repeating of songs in the same manner as I was forced to grow up with listening to AM/FM. I have found a new respect for the "Slacker" service ( as others) and find myself switching back n forth. The ear wants what may be familiar but can handle more of the "not so popular" songs that havent been played out thru the years... Time will tell.

Guru
    08-14-2008, 08:24 PM #10
    1. 3G network software app for Samsung Instinct (and other phones)

2. Full channel list for internet streaming.

3. An in dash vehicle stereo receiver with a stiletto as a removable face plate.

4. Much, much better marketing and explanation of products and their potential uses. (tell me why I need it, or show me the "cool" ways I can go from car to office to jogging to bedroom nightstand with one product purchase)
    Last edited by imromo24; 08-14-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12