11-05-2012, 12:41 PM #1

Internet Radio - Download feature

I added Internet Radio subscripton for my iPod, got the app, music play fine on the iPod but I cannot dowload any of the programs. I re-installed the app to be sure it was up to date. I have tried selecting up to 25-30 different programs and download never shows as an option. Phone support has not been helpful, any suggestions on what is wrong? Also I'm still trying to make sure I know how this works, once I download I will not have to be connected to playback on my iPod - is that correct? Thanks - Gene

Head Honcho
    11-05-2012, 02:17 PM #2
    It sounds to me like you are not looking in the right place for the download option. This write up explains where you need to go to find shows to download and what to click to download them. http://siriusbuzz.com/siriusxm-mobil...-listening.php

Also I'm still trying to make sure I know how this works, once I download I will not have to be connected to playback on my iPod - is that correct?
    Yes, that is correct.

Welcome to the forums
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-05-2012, 04:22 PM #3
    Yes that is correct I'm doing exactly what it shows, I then get to the screen with the list of shows such as 60s Satellite Survey, it shows two on the list, the first one aired on 11/3 and expires in 12 days. When I select the action button I get the following options:
    Listen Now
    Add Channel to Favorites
    Add Show to Favorites
    Remove Episode From Favorites
    Set Recurring Show Alert

I do not get an option to download.

The App is current, V2.2.0.39, and my iPod is current V6.0.1. Not sure what I need to do?

Head Honcho
    11-05-2012, 05:10 PM #4
    I just confirmed with my app that those shows are not downloadable. I'm guessing because they are music based? From my experience, its typically the talk based shows which are downloadable. Its likely to do with music licensing issues.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-05-2012, 05:30 PM #5
    Thanks, kinda what I was thinking after talking to the guy at Best Buy. So essentially it's not what I want. I was trying to get musin onto my Ipod so I could listen while on one of my motorcycles. My playlists are getting old. I have a buddy who does it by using his GPS as the receiver somehow. So I gues I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a Sirus portable radio with a vehicle kit. - Gene