Page 1 of 2 12
    11-12-2012, 07:01 PM #1

I keep getting unsubscribed from SiriusXM

My radio and reception have been flawless for my 6 month trial. Not one time have I lost a channel. Then my trial ran out so I subscribed online. Sent the refresh signal and was happy again. After 10 minutes, I lost all channels and saw "unsubscribed" flash on the screen. I DID hear the preview channel and it's phone number. That tells me that I am receiving a signal from the satellite. So I called the phone # on the screen, got the refresh, the screen said, "subscription updated, press any key to continue." Soon I was listening to music again.

Next day, I start my truck, and I can't hear any audio but I do see all my channels and tags (station name, artist name, etc...) then the sound just starts with no warning and plays for 5 minutes before quitting again and giving me the "unsubscribed" message and dropping all my channels leaving me with the preview channel. So I called the phone # on the screen, got the refresh, the screen said, "subscription updated, press any key to continue." Soon I was listening to music again. Repeat, repeat, repeat

I have called customer service at least 6 times but they don't know anything. They say it's my radio. I say it's their signal. I told them I didn't think it was possible for my radio to unsubscribe from their service of it's own free will. I receive their preview channel just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Head Honcho
    11-12-2012, 08:26 PM #2
    What kind of radio is it? Built in or plug and play? What do they say about your flawless 6 month trial?

With a situation as specialized as yours, personally, I would contact their facebook page support. Those guys are US based and higher up than a typical customer support rep. Just leave your question on their wall and they'll likely get back to you within a few hours (during normal business hours).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-12-2012, 09:28 PM #3
    It came as an add on to my Alpine. The kit is model # SXV100V1. They don't respond to my 6 months. They just say, "ok". Funny you mentioned their fb page, I was waiting for it to load when I read this.

Cheers

Head Honcho
    11-12-2012, 11:10 PM #4
    The only other thing I would suggest is sending a refresh signal but, it seems clear that something is mixed up on their end from the activation. I'm sure their Facebook support will sort things out. Good luck and let us know if there is some amazing revelation.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-13-2012, 10:08 PM #5
    Update: I sent them a message on facebook and they contacted me today. I spoke with someone at corporate customer service. We went through 30 minutes of troubleshooting and testing different ways of trying to solve this. He also tried turning on the demo signal and that didn't work either. It loses the audio when the radio is turned off. But I never lose the preview channel so I am getting something. We both agreed that it's a weird problem. I'm expecting a call from one of their engineers tomorrow.

Head Honcho
    11-13-2012, 11:34 PM #6
    Its unfortunate they haven't solved it yet but, hopefully you at least feel a little more satisfied with some quality personal support. Good luck!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-13-2012, 02:01 PM #7
    This has been a known issue for a full year with the Alpine CDE-124SXM tuner using the SVX100V1 sat tuner. It is called the subscription retention issue. That sat tuner will be replaced free of charge if you can find a representative that understands the issue. Tell them to search on subscription retention.

Head Honcho
    12-13-2012, 04:15 PM #8
    Jenny sounds like she knows what she's talking about. Something tells me she might be privy to inside information
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-13-2015, 04:39 PM #9

Same thing is happening to me

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jenny View Post
    This has been a known issue for a full year with the Alpine CDE-124SXM tuner using the SVX100V1 sat tuner. It is called the subscription retention issue. That sat tuner will be replaced free of charge if you can find a representative that understands the issue. Tell them to search on subscription retention.
    I have exact same model radio and was fine for first 2 years , then had to refresh subscription everytime I turned on the car. Is it Alpine that I contact or Sirrus?

thanks
    bill

12-24-2015, 09:32 AM #10
    I know this is an old forum but I just started having this exact problem 2 days ago,everytime I turn off the car I lose activation.I have the sxv100 connected to a JVC kwnt810 navigation unit...I called xm a few times and went through steps and still no fix...I will not call back again because I get connected to someone who can barely speak english every time and I can hardly understand them..Do you suggest trying to replace the tuner???

Page 1 of 2 12