Page 3 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 05:36 PM #21
    "... or why most things like relationships with friends, ect., ect., ect. are told to people, cannot be talked about (debated)."

This is just one reason why Siri stock is worth so much more than $1.43... Like Stern or not, he totally changed the way I communicate with people. (I used to be much more passive.)

He talks about things that people just don't feel comfortable talking about...but are thinking or may have never thought about. This is huge for people that grew up in environments where people just didn't communicate.

It is ear and eye opening. Crude as some may find him, he has honed his craft over the years and really digs deep into people's minds. As a result, there are a lot of people that used to hate him who now love him. It is often just a matter of them hearing him for a little while and being able to see it as satire (like All in the Family). I actually thought he was a buffoon when I first saw him on Letterman 20 years ago. Then in 1993 I was scanning the dial and heard an insanely honest and hilarious interview with James Brown. I was hooked.

Anyway I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that the FCC prevented Infinity and CBS from acquiring more stations to get Stern on due to fines, etc. Now that he will be available nationwide to people who would not subscribe for him, we are likely to get a lot more accidental fans. We just need to get interoperable receivers in new cars asap.
    Last edited by spanyo; 08-14-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Guru
    08-14-2008, 05:37 PM #22
    Newman, point taken, I do get a little pissed when I have to bring up things that most should know already for the 2nd and 3rd time, or if I am first put into a personalization part of someones comments, I do fire back.

I also do not have a problem with the facts good or bad I just want them to be truthful. That is why as you know I defended homer on that other article cfrceo.

spanyo, That is correct when it comes to Stern I could give a rats ass how he acts as long as he gets and keeps the subscriber base he has. That he helps SIRIXM is all I care about.
    Last edited by john; 08-14-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add

08-15-2008, 11:41 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Looks like JasonL. is the latest victim.

The Sirius Buzz Forums Debate King has struck again!

Lets all calm down now. Can't we all just get along?

Enthusiast
    08-17-2008, 12:45 PM #24

I respect your position Newman

Newman, I have been known to pick a fight or 2 in here, but I never go as far as John and attack peoples intelligence, unless they attack mine first.
    John doesnt believe in parity and indifference in a discussion board, since his points of view are never wrong and ALWAYS correct, and so full of facts while everyone elses views are incorrect.
    I believe in 2 sides to a discussion, I believe there can be and should be opinions, and that opinions are based on experiences and sometimes emotions and not always charts and graphs, and elaborate jibberish. But I also don't run around in here saying people are dumbasses, and have IQs under 90. If I had an IQ under 90, I wouldn't be leading projects for infrastructure rebuilds for one of the largest engineering firms. I am however new to the stock market, and I don't know all these "metrics" of companies post merger details, but what I do know is John takes cheap shots at people that don't agree with his always factual and always correct point of views. And again I will state, I do not agree with John's rosey outlook on everything to do with SIRI stock. I am a realist, and I call it how I see it, whether it be perfect factual info or emotion, but for one thing, I am not intimidated by his personal remarks, I actually welcome them, because its amusing and it shows weakness. But I will respect this forum and not waste my breath attacking John's intelligence (or lack there of, there was my cheap shot, ;-)).
    -J
    Last edited by JasonL; 08-17-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Banned
    08-17-2008, 12:56 PM #25
    I don't normally do price predictions, but if Sirius hits the 1.50 mark this week the near term technical price objective will be 2.10.

Guru
    08-18-2008, 01:36 PM #26
    Lets first get the record straight: JasonL says this:

"Newman, I have been known to pick a fight or 2 in here, but I never go as far as John and attack peoples intelligence, unless they attack mine first."

Yet out of the blue JasonL said this on the first comment he posted on this article.

"Here flies in John the pawn
    here with his cape and badge to distract the facts.
    Again, I will try in my own terms to reiterate the question of pkmcro, without all Johns lines of positive static about past price fluctuations, that is a mirage."

Now that we cleared that up. JasonL said this:

"John doesnt believe in parity and indifference in a discussion board, since his points of view are never wrong and ALWAYS correct, and so full of facts while everyone elses views are incorrect."

Once again for the tenth time I have never said "NEVER" I say "almost never". That is something almost everyone could be if they follow the same goals I follow which are once again common sense, logic, facts, and history, and never going to far off the resevation. Second, as I have said before, there is one undisputable fact, I have been proven to be right way way way more then I have been wrong. So as for when I say I know something will happen and go to the extent I have, to tell people 3 times you can almost be guaranteed that it will happen, because it does.

As for the insults, I do. When it takes me 3 times to explain something a moron should be able to get, then I get pissed. You would think after being right and making the correct call 14 out of 15 times you people would learn.

By the way, there are plenty of things I dont know if I am correct or not on and so I dont comment or I make it known I am not sure. I do not debate those items.

So in conclusion if I am debating someone on something you can take it to the bank that in that item I am very very likely to be right, because of the goals I follow and stated above.

Enthusiast
    08-22-2008, 02:28 PM #27
    as I said John your always right, and only you know that

Enthusiast
    08-22-2008, 03:01 PM #28

Brandon, what is the price target Merryl Lynch vs. Goldman Sachs?

Do u have the numbers Brandon?

and why do u think Cramer is beating down on SIRI XM?
    Does he have his hands in Goldman Sachs pockets?

08-22-2008, 03:24 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
    Do u have the numbers Brandon?

and why do u think Cramer is beating down on SIRI XM?
    Does he have his hands in Goldman Sachs pockets?
    I thought the point he was trying to make in his latest post (correct me if I'm wrong) was that Cramer knows what the big boys are up to, and he's doing his best to show retail what's happening without outright acknowledgment of Goldman's strategy. By beating it down he's being realistic as to where its going near term.

What would the point of pumping it up on his stock when ultimately it's path is being determined by the big boys? Not only would it screw more retail holders, but it would make him lose (even more) crediblity.

Page 3 of 3 123