Page 2 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    08-11-2008, 03:38 AM #11
    John you still dont make much sense to me, You're like the david copperfield of the marketplace, your numbers and stats are like smoke and mirrors, it all means the same thing we are already discussing, just a little more statistically elaborate and annoying. The shit just aint gonna pay out any time soon, so hold your cocks as long as you can.
    Thats dumbing it down Einstein.
    btw John, I always care when my stock is down, keeps me on my toes.
    You're the jackass that keeps assuming Im selling my position, in other threads as well, when did I ever say im selling, pay attention, holding means im holding, not selling.

Sincerest,
    -J
    Last edited by JasonL; 08-11-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Guru
    08-11-2008, 06:42 PM #12
    JasonL, you said this:

"btw John, I always care when my stock is down, keeps me on my toes."

If the PPS is off and dont show the samething the metrics do, then the share price is meaningless. I am not going to get out of a stock just because it gos down, when the metrics say you should stay in.

As for you selling you stock. That is what you eluded to. If I had the doom and gloom you have on this company I might even sell for a loss, and thats me, something I have not ever done yet. I would not even think of saying the things you have, if I was going to keep it.

Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 03:02 AM #13
    I know what I typed john, my fingers did it, unless you disagree?
    You know it all John, thats not what Im arguing.
    What I am arguing however, is the fact that SIRIUS has been this so called start up company for nearly 15 years. People, including Mel, somehow believe Howard Stern is a selling point for success.
    I dont buy it , Im sorry, I just dont buy the bullshit.
    I didnt like him on Austin radio (Im an Austin native) and I dont like him on SIRIUS, I subscribe for sports coverage and quality music, not rambling bullshit that employ filth.
    I am negative about the company and stock, cause I want it do more, try harder, recruit better talent, because I do believe in Satellite radio, and I do believe it can be much more, I just don't see the same urgency on the leaderships, and happy go lucky folks like yourself, as I do, I can disagree right?
    I dont have to ask for permission, I do disagree, and I will.
    I can be negative about a company I invest in and still stay invested, its the beauty of it, I don't have to always stay positive like 85% of posters (including you) in here, I dont have to agree with the status quo just to harmonize the discussion.
    The quality of satellite is falling short, and hopefully will improve or Wienkes isnt too far off, it will not survive, in terms of its competition and new competition that will arise.
    I do believe something big is on the horizon, I have to believe, Im a Texan, and Im a gambler, im in, all or nothing, 0.00, or 100.00 a share, win or lose. People like yourself sell short, and skim a penny here or there to appease your thirst for profit, and there is nothing wrong with that from your point of view, but you are what makes our market volatile, and unstable.
    I stay true with what I believe, I buy what I believe in and ride it out win or lose.
    So is that clear enough for you, IM HOLDING.
    So all you people that believe in SIRIUS, or should I say, Satellite radio, make your voices heard, demand better service, or you will all be taken advantage of in your subscriptions and your shares.
    Just running around saying, Mel is God and Mel is a genius, he has it all figured out, will not cut it, I need more than BEST OF howard stern, I need quality programming that thinks outside that 3 year box.
    Nuff said
    -J
    Last edited by JasonL; 08-14-2008 at 04:34 AM.

Guru
    08-14-2008, 01:39 PM #14
    JasonL, First of all I never said I know it all. What I know is what I know and it is almost always correct, it is called having common sense.

Next you said this; "What I am arguing however, is the fact that SIRIUS has been this so called start up company for nearly 15 years." First there is a difference between when a company starts and when they start doing business. Wal Mart did start doing business until the first store was built and open to the public, a new dry bulk shipper is not in business until the first ship is built, or bought and is least, DISH was not doing business until they were able to start to get subcribers. Do you get it yet. SIRI was not in business until almost 2003.

Next you said this; " People, including Mel, somehow believe Howard Stern is a selling point for success. I dont buy it , Im sorry, I just dont buy the bullshit." The proof is there for people that have common sense, hell for people with an IQ of over 90. Yea it was just a bunch of quintessences, that SIRI in 1 quarter got 1 million net subs and it took them almost 2 years to get 2 million up to the point when Stern came, that SIRI for the first time ever went from getting a fraction of the subscribers of XMSR, to getting more net subscribers then XMSR for the next 10 quarters. Just because you dont like Stern (and to be honest the I could care less about Stern also) does not mean 2.3 million other subscribers that joined because of Stern dont. Yea thats right one man is responsible for a quarter of SIRI subcribers and revenue. The fact is, if you cant even see that, means that you dont have the common sense or intelligence to invest in the stock market. I suggest you stick with CDs, and BONDs.

Next you said this; "I am negative about the company and stock, cause I want it do more, try harder, recruit better talent, because I do believe in Satellite radio, and I do believe it can be much more, I just don't see the same urgency on the leaderships, and happy go lucky folks like yourself, as I do, I can disagree right?" I dont know about you, but most if they are negitive about a company, would have never got in or would have gotten out.
    Once again that is common sense and why you should not be investing in the stock market.

I do sometimes sell short it is hard to catch the very tops and bottoms of stocks. Hence why I got most out between 5 and 8 and did not get all out at 9. I also started getting back in at 4. I have reasonable PPS that I feel a stock is worth at a time and what it is not worth. Now you call it selling short, I call it common sense. Once again why you should not be in the stock market.

Finally, I believe Mel is a genius when it comes to this sector because he has proven it time and time again. One only has to look at his track record to see that. You can believe what you want about Stern and Mel, the proven facts are they have been very good for SIRI, and to believe what you do about them, just shows how ridiculous you are. You see the difference is I use facts to base my opinions on, you base yours on emotion.
    Last edited by john; 08-14-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: change

08-14-2008, 02:28 PM #15

Sell and give the shorts and day traders what they want...lol NOT

Here’s An Idea: Stream Sirius Radio On Your iPhone
    Posted by Eric Savitz

You know what would be cool? If you could stream Sirius (SIRI) or XM satellite radio
    on your Apple (AAPL) iPhone.

As it happens, Citigroup’s Tony Wible this morning writes in a research note that there are “reports” of a new Internet streaming application that would allow SIRI users to listen on iPhones and other mobile phones. Wible says the idea highlights that SIRI’s value “lies in its content and not its hardware or infrastructure.”

Wible notes that as the seller of iPods, Apple is often seen as a competitor to satellite radio. But he says the new streaming application suggest the two companies may complement each other. Streaming SIRI on a portable device would eliminate hardware costs and help generate new subscribers at lower cost - although he notes that royalty rates are higher for Internet streaming. It also opens the door to purchasing individual tracks heard on satellite radio from iTunes.

Wible says that SIRI’s stock has been hurt by the macro softness and weakness in auto production, but that the company is “massively undervalued,” as investors fail to appreciate the size of merger synergies, the opportunity for top line improvement and the benefits of greater OEM penetration. He maintains a Buy rating and $6.50 price target.

SIRI today is up 4 cents, or 2.9%, to $1.42; AAPL is off 33 cents, or 0.2%, at $178.97.

Company debt and tightening credit go hand in hand. Shorts have a shelf life during any investor perceived crisis or near term struggle. Covering their sales is imminent to some degree and at some point that alone is not enough as day traders dump their shares in the wake of buying. However, the time will come when other business affiliations for Siri expanding into streaming content and advertising promos will surface. The satellite radio is here to stay and eventually the real potential will become crystal clear to the BIG money and when that happens everyone better buckle up for a ride of unforgettable
    proportions.
    316,000,000 shares of XMSR multiplied by $8 equals $2,528,000,000. This was the XMSR market cap before the merger. With nearly 1.7 billion of debt, $400,000,000 of it at higher short term interest rate, and Siri market cap of 2.1 billion come to roughly $4.5 billion. Take into account the 18 million subscribers, and the merging costs, and the current 3 billion outstanding shares times $1.40 share price you have your current market cap. However, this is as bad as it will get as the market digs out of this current low. This company has only one way to go from here and that is up. Whether it is known or not by the general public, many good things are coming and we will soon see a huge beaming light at the start of an expanding tunnel. Please do not think that automobiles are the only potential exposure or future of satellite radio. Broadband will soon play a huge part as these guys pencil in deals with others forms of media. Did anyone really think that ABK (Ambac) would stay at $1.04 for very long? How about FNM or FRE,

Mentor
    08-14-2008, 02:40 PM #16
    Looks like JasonL. is the latest victim.

The Sirius Buzz Forums Debate King has struck again!

Lets all calm down now. Can't we all just get along?

Guru
    08-14-2008, 04:04 PM #17
    Newman, I just posted there this: This was very good. I loved it, I have to thank Newman also, I missed it the first time, but Newman linked to it. I would actually say "homer" is better then me. Weather it is a joke or not, I would hope people on any site would like the information to be correct though, right. The site or commentor is only as good as how truthful the information is. I think we all would like to know were the false statements are. Right is always right and wrong will always be wrong no matter how you say it. I just point out the truth.

Newman you do want the facts dont you, or do you just want to read mindless dripple that is totally false. I am sorry but believe it or not there are people that would believe comments such as JasonL's, if they where not debated by the truth. A perfect example is how many democrats where voted in in the last election, and Obama even having a chance to be elected.

Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 04:25 PM #18
    Not to get too political (or off topic), but if Obama gets in we might see a lot of new more fuel efficient cars hitting the market. Most likely with Sirius radios installed in them.

Although I see potential benefits to SIRI with either candidate getting in.
    Last edited by spanyo; 08-14-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Guru
    08-14-2008, 05:06 PM #19
    spanyo, You are right, I just used Obama as an example how if debate is not there, a senator with only 2 years of real experience can be this close to being President. That is just a disgrace. It is not a quintessence why he does not want to debate McCain, or why most things like relationships with friends, ect., ect., ect. are told to people, cannot be talked about (debated).

Mentor
    08-14-2008, 05:07 PM #20
    I love to hear facts, and as I said in my last article, even if it is not what I want to hear, I like to hear the negative facts just like I like to hear the positive ones.

I do NOT like the personalization of any post however. (I am speaking in general, not about you john). There is no reason to get personal on anyone, because when you get personal over a message board, you do not know that person and cannot tell facts! That is why I do not like the Yahoo or the Google message boards, and have been very turned off by the orbitcast forums lately. I like these boards because the people here are for the most part professional and curteous. Since I have been a moderator here, I have never locked a thread for personal attacks... only stepped in to remind people not to do it, and they realize where they are and get back to basics.

Page 2 of 3 123