08-01-2008, 01:02 PM #1

Anyone following the Favre debacle?

Come on... $20 million to force him into retirement? Yeah, I get that you made a decision to move forward with Rodgers and install a new offense. I think even Brett get's that. That was his fault for announcing his retirement. But for you to refuse to trade him to another team is ridiculous.

The man wants to play, if you don't have a place for him as your starting quarterback, give him to another team. What are you afraid Favre and the Vikings and going to stomp all over Rodger's face come September?

08-01-2008, 05:37 PM #2
    $25 million and counting.

I don't think it's about money .. it's about passion for the game. As a fan, I would absolutely love to see Favre behind a purple offensive line.

08-01-2008, 07:07 PM #3
    I would love to see him back in the Green and Gold, but I think that's off the table at this point. I'd just be happy to see him taking snaps.

I think the home opener at Lambeau Field is Minnesota, talk about a way to kick off the football season if Favre does in fact strap on a Viking helmet.

Too old my ass, one of the top five quarterbacks last season, almost made a SuperBowl appearance.

08-02-2008, 11:25 AM #4
    Brett Favre is a legend. He transcended team loyalty in fans, put the Packers back on the map and done it all with dignity and humility. He has EARNED the right to decide his own future.
    The Packer's reaction is totally flawed in this. If they feel his skills have eroded and they are better without him then release him. If he doesnt make you better then how can he really make anyone else that much better.
    If he is still a great QB then just tell Aaron Rodgers sorry for your luck but No. 4 will be back under center. Go back to the bench quietly or go elsewhere.

275 games started in a row!
    Dad dies, plays that week
    wife has cancer, plays that week
    toe hurt, ankle sprain, broken finger, flu, sore elbow? no worries no. 4 will be on the field

Can Aaron Rodgers or the Pack really ignore that?

Wish I could print some Free Brett Favre tshirts right now!!

08-02-2008, 12:12 PM #5
    I'm not saying that he should, but imagine if Rodger's threw his support into Favre's camp. Saying that he understands and supports Favre's desire to return to the Packers?

Tough decision all around...

08-03-2008, 11:24 PM #6
    NFL grants Favre reinstatement; sources say QB job is open

Sources told ESPN's Wendi Nix that coach Mike McCarthy will announce Monday he's holding an open competition between Favre and Aaron Rodgers for the starting quarterback position.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219

If they trade him, I'm going to kick someone's ass.

03-26-2009, 06:41 AM #7
    Ahhh….nice update…now it’s on the front page of your site again….very clever. Nothing says rating like Brett Favre.

BTW….SI.com has nothing about it, NFL.com has nothing about it, CBSsportsline.com has nothing about it, PFW.com has nothing about it. Maybe they all checked and there is nothing to this story. It is being kept alive by Mike “I wanna have Brett’s baby” Florio and Foxsports.com. The other national sports sites just mention that the league had no proof and if they did it doesn’t matter (an AP story).