10-04-2012, 12:20 PM #1

internet radio keeps going in and out and jumping forward

I read about the update for the sl2 which is what i own and love. this is my third sl2 i think they have sent me over two or three years and there is always something wrong. My biggest problem is that i cant dock it in my car right now and the antennae on my boom box is broken so i cant update through those devices, if that is even my problem. i do have the usb cable that connects to the radio and computer but is that good enough? the problem i get is that the wireless signal is usually really strong but after 10-15 seconds is starts buffering, it rarely picks up where it left off usually it jumps ahead a few seconds but sometimes it skips over whole segments. if i use my iphone right next to my sl2 the iphone works perfectly while the stilleto lags. is my problem the update or is it just a crappy refurbished mp3 player that i should send back? thanks for the help and i love the site.

Head Honcho
    10-04-2012, 10:19 PM #2
    Do you have the latest update? You should definitely hook it up to your computer and make sure you have the latest firmware.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-06-2012, 12:17 PM #3
    i just checked and my zap is 2.0.5.69029r and my baseband is 00.20.62 which i think are the most current. so if that is correct what is my next step?

Head Honcho
    10-08-2012, 07:55 PM #4
    If you have the most current firmware then you should be all set.

I'm not sure what you other issue is. You say the antenna on your boombox is broken and that you can't dock it in your car right now. Sounds like you need to get a new boombox. Why can't you dock in your car? Maybe get a new dock?

As far as wi-fi goes... have you tried multiple wi-fi networks? Maybe there is an issue with your wi-fi network and not the SL2.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder