09-19-2012, 02:04 AM #1

Many channels off the rails

Starting around 10:45pm PDT, Deep Tracks, The Bridge, Lithium, Classic Vinyl, 60's and probably others switched to gibberish mode. This is with my home sirius receiver; I went out to one of the cars and checked a XM receiver and it sounds fine.

Something similar to this happened within the last few weeks. Anybody have the inside story?

12-08-2012, 03:06 PM #2
    I thought the bad sound was from my stiletto 1, which finally died, it was bad at home, in my office, or in the car
    They finally gave me a free stratus replacement. The sound is better, no "gibberish" but the sound quality is not good.

12-08-2012, 06:04 PM #3
    Speaking of aftermarket Auto radios. Can anyone recommend a particular model that has all the current features? I keep getting e-mails with specials but not sure which one is better. Something that could also be used with a home dock. Also with Sirius seemingly blowing out these products does anyone think this may be an indication of something newer and groovier on the horizon? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

12-08-2012, 07:52 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hedymoney View Post
    Speaking of aftermarket Auto radios. Can anyone recommend a particular model that has all the current features? I keep getting e-mails with specials but not sure which one is better. Something that could also be used with a home dock. Also with Sirius seemingly blowing out these products does anyone think this may be an indication of something newer and groovier on the horizon? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    There are only a couple of "next generation" tuners and radios. I think the only one you could use indoors and in the car is the SiriusXM Edge. The car-only tuner is the SXV200 SiriusXM and for that you need a siriusxm-ready head unit; I don't believe there are any home units that works with this tuner.

Basically look for anything that says "+ xtra channels" and/or siriusxm-ready (as opposed to sirius-ready or xm-ready).

12-08-2012, 08:55 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by leres View Post
    There are only a couple of "next generation" tuners and radios. I think the only one you could use indoors and in the car is the SiriusXM Edge. The car-only tuner is the SXV200 SiriusXM and for that you need a siriusxm-ready head unit; I don't believe there are any home units that works with this tuner.

Basically look for anything that says "+ xtra channels" and/or siriusxm-ready (as opposed to sirius-ready or xm-ready).

Thanks very much for the input.