Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    04-09-2018, 07:58 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Jim Ladd's last live show was January 29 and Deep Tracks listeners have been wondering where he's been. Well, most of them, anyway. Jim Ladd posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"Hey kids...note from me: Jim Ladd is alive and well! Hello to EVERYONE checking in on social media! I know you have been wondering where I am so let me say...I will be back on air real soon and will post the date and announce show returning on Deep Tracks same bat-time, same bat-channel in advance of the first show, so hang in there and be ready to ROCK! Peace, Love, MUSIC. You can send song requests to me direct email as usual at: jimladdshow@sirius.com."

"Same bat-time, same bat-channel," Jim? Your younger listeners aren't going to understand that reference. Wham! Pow! Crash!
    Well, I am sad for whatever happened to Mr. Ladd and wish him no ill will but I'm sorry to hear he'll be back I was enjoying Deep Tracks very much without him.

He talks way. too. much. He plays the same songs way way WAY too much. And taking calls on the air - seriously? Like we give two shits about Jim in Milwaukee and how his evening shift at the axle plant is going? I wish he would find his long-legged pony and ride her into the sunset and away from Deep Tracks.

Legend
    04-17-2018, 02:09 AM #42
    I don't know if Jim Ladd even has a "long-legged pony" -- but he (Ladd, not the pony) will return to Deep Tracks on Monday, April 23rd.

05-10-2018, 11:09 AM #43
    Basically as a 70s rock and roller, I come to appreciate what Deep Tracks turns up in general for music. I hear tracks that I have never heard, and Jim Ladd format is interesting. But I don't like the political banter either. Yes everyone has their right to opinion and there is freedom of speech of course. But there are channels for political rant. I prefer to listen to music channels to listen to music, and get away from the daily drudgery of American politics. Jim rants too much. I usually turn on another station at 7:00pm est just so I don't have to listen.

07-04-2018, 11:04 PM #44
    I listened to Jim on FM in LA in the 70's and was glad to hear him on Deep Tracks. If you want songs, listen to the many options on satellite radio. If you want a journey, listen to Jim.
    If your minds closed to taking a journey, find your own mp3's that make you happy.

07-05-2018, 07:36 PM #45
    Been a subscriber for a decade. Been giving Ladd a chance, off and on, for that time.
    Today, his political tack drove me to post here for the first time.
    His views are no doubt very well recieved in SoCal, where his history and original fanbase is. Fine, great.
    He is now nationwide, or worldwide, on Sirius. If corporate wishes to endorse his views, then I will cancel my subscription.
    I simply will not support a company that allows such a liberal and progressive individual to espouse his view.
    Does he intend to allow HIS wealth to be redistributed?

09-29-2018, 03:14 PM #46
    I enjoyed Jim Ladd’s FM shows during the time I lived in Huntington Beach.
    Two decades later, I rediscovered Jim Ladd’s mastery of Free Form Radio via his show on Deep Tracks, while I was driving all over the Southwest as a manufacturers rep.
    His show’s broadcast slot coincided with many of my evening drives to the next city, or back to my residence at the time in Phoenix.
    Jim’s amazing ability to blend songs - both known and truly “deep track” - as a show - made the road miles melt away.
    The guests on his show represented the apex of what became known as Classic Rock, a genre that endures and will do so for many more years.
    I don’t feel sorry for the posters here who have parroted objections to Jim Ladd’s occasional references to the fiery politics that inhabit American life these days.
    There are so many other choices on SiriusXM that it’s apparent their goal is simply to silence anything that doesn’t “parrot” their personal political affliction.
    As for myself, rather than waste my time writing pseudo complaint letters to media outlets, I channel block anything that irritates me.
    Or, simply vote with my tuner. What’s so tuff about that? Poor babies!
    In reply to the person who is paranoid regarding what he lamely refers to as “wealth redistribution”, I ask if that statement implies that he is OK - just ducky - with the authoritarian oligarchy that is currently engaged in ruining our nation.
    So Rock on, Jim Ladd! Rock on! There are a lot more of “us” than “them”.

08-05-2019, 08:28 PM #47

Jim Ladd show discussion

Quote Originally Posted by abe View Post
    My wife and I found Deep Tracks some time ago and listen to it daily. Except when Jim Ladd is on. My wife was never more pissed off and angry than she was last night when she was reading and listening to Deep Tracks. Jim Ladd went on a 10-minute political rant devoid of any rational, informed facts. He then played one song and went at it again. A music channel that allows it's DJs to PONTIFICATE their views, as if us lowly listeners have to be ENLIGHTENED, will surely lose a good number of customers.

When Jim Ladd was on Los Angeles station KLOS-FM, it was the only time I tuned to another station. And this is from a listener who's had KLOS programmed on his car radios since 1969. Just can't stand the higher-than-thou, I-am-so-awsome, I-know-what-you-should-think pontifications of this man.

Every time this buffoon is on, it will be Classic Vinyl for me until his time is up.

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

08-05-2019, 08:30 PM #48
    Love Jim Ladd's show. His picks and music progressions are iconic with depth and originality. For you folks not enjoying it that's what the dial is for. Turn to another show.

09-12-2019, 07:14 PM #49
    I agree, get that freakin' liberal off the air!

10-10-2019, 06:21 PM #50
    ditto to most who have commented, get Ladd off the air . If I wanted to listen to political rantings I'd tune in to NPR, and
    get all I could stand for FREE. I PAY for my subscription to avoid long winded commercial interruptions in my listening, political
    or otherwise. As a 10+ year subscriber I will not be renewing, and Jim Ladd's show on my fav station Deep Tracks is a large reason why, along with the obvious degrade in signal strength that all are suffering through

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567