Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    07-11-2012, 01:27 PM #1

After subsciption update radio now not active

has anyone ran into this today. I called sirius and they stated there is an outage. But the funny thing is I do not see anything on the internet about it through google searches. and before the trolls start. Yes my radio is leagal and yes my bills are paid and current.

07-11-2012, 01:40 PM #2
    My Sirius SCH2P went unauthorized around 3:45am (PDT) this morning. I tried cycling power and also used the webpage to re-send the activation code but it's still only giving me the preview channel. I called a few minutes ago and they said they're working on it and it'll be fixed in 3-5 hours. At least they acknowledge there's a problem.

What kind of radio do you have?

07-11-2012, 03:22 PM #3
    I have a 6 year old sportster. Mine happened at 6:15 am today. When I called they said it would be 24 hours.

Head Honcho
    07-11-2012, 04:12 PM #4
    Sirius XM has verified on Facebook that there is an outage. Interestingly enough, it is working in my car. The outage must be limited somehow?

Welcome to the forum guys
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-11-2012, 05:10 PM #5
    Stiletto 2 and mine is out too. Tried live chat, what a waste of time that was; you can tell English wasn't their 1st language. Tried having the signal resent, nope. Guess I'm waiting too.

07-11-2012, 06:00 PM #6
    Yeh...I have a stiletto....started this morning....called this afternoon after doing a refresh,,,to no avail,,,,then their rep said she was gonna do one even though I told her I did two....then connected me to tech support but line went dead...then the recording said just to cycle it...NOT..then they said it wud be up in two hours.....that was five hers ago

07-11-2012, 06:18 PM #7
    I'm joining this crowd also. Only the ironic thing is that my older Sportster 4 is the one affected. My wife's Sportster 5 is working fine and unaffected. They are literally just a few feet from each other. Mine is pretty much always attached to the boom box and used on job sites (I really needed it today). When talking to the one foreigner, he told me that the outage was in the entire USA. I then told him that only one of our receivers was affected. He insisted that I was full of BS and I reassured him that only one of them was affected. I guess he had to think (instead of their "trained" auto response answers) and accept the fact that I was on to something. Anyways I just chatted again and to no avail ..... still no signal. Got an 8pm hockey game tonight and hopefully it will be restored when I get back home. Thanks for all who gave feedback on this problem. That's what makes these forums valuable!

07-11-2012, 06:19 PM #8
    My Starmate ST2 went out at 7am EDT this morning. The display said subscription updated but I couldn't tune to any channels (call to subscribe, blah, blah). Power cycled, re-sent activation code, called support and they mentioned there was a "signal outage" for some radios. I have a 2nd radio, Starmate 4 which still works. Sent the activation code again this evening and no change. This is going on 12 hours now.

For a rant....now I must have Facebook for Sirius to inform me that there is an outage?? They have my email, they know what radios I own, send me an email and save me 2-3 hours of fooling around trying to figure out what the problems is. Ridiculous.

Head Honcho
    07-11-2012, 06:24 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by m75_tech View Post
    For a rant....now I must have Facebook for Sirius to inform me that there is an outage?? They have my email, they know what radios I own, send me an email and save me 2-3 hours of fooling around trying to figure out what the problems is. Ridiculous.
    +1 Agreed!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-11-2012, 06:26 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by m75_tech View Post

AMEN to that quote. I also am NOT on Facebook and never will be. They should have posted something on their website and/or leave an updated recording briefly explaining the situation. Hmmmmmm. That would be the responsible, logical thing to do and it might make the customers happy! Can't do that .... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm done!

Page 1 of 6 123 ...