08-31-2012, 06:52 PM #1

Free SiriusXM from 8/29/12 to 9/11/12

I received an email from Sirius offering two weeks free for previous subscribers. Since my radio was not picking up the signal, I decided to call. After six calls, a supervisor told me the offer was only good for radios 2009 and newer. There was nothing in the email that stated this although they can activate my radio if I subscribe again. This is very poor customer service for a company looking to gain new and renewal subscriptions to boost their bottom line. I have read other threads about their tactics and wonder how they are maintaining a business. Did anyone else receive this email and if so, what was your experience?

Head Honcho
    08-31-2012, 06:55 PM #2
    I have a radio older than 2009 and the free preview is working. Am I the only one?

Is your radio not receiving a signal or is the free trail not working? Does your screen say "acquiring signal" or are you just listening to the call to subscribe channel?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-31-2012, 07:48 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I have a radio older than 2009 and the free preview is working. Am I the only one?

Is your radio not receiving a signal or is the free trail not working? Does your screen say "acquiring signal" or are you just listening to the call to subscribe channel?
    I only get the phone number to subscribe scrolling across the screen. This is why I posted this. I wanted to know if they were blowing smoke. If they can activate a paid subscription, they can activate a free subscription. It will be interesting to see if anyone else with a radio older than 2009 can take advantage of this offer.

Head Honcho
    09-01-2012, 01:57 AM #4
    I bet all you have to do is change the channel. Only 60 channels are free so, if you happen to be on a channel that is not free, you will continue to see that message (my mother had the same issue). No need to call and activate anything just tune in.

Otherwise, just send a refresh signal https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/ap...to-my-radio%3F
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-28-2013, 06:05 PM #5
    I'm have the same problem.
    I just wanted to voice my opinion and my feelings about SiriusXM radio. Yesterday I seen an advertisement on your website that said, "SiriusXM Free Preview, Listen Free Aug.27-Sep.9, your inactive satellite radio is ON!
    Well when I turn on my Sirius radio I had no channels except the preview channel. So I called Listener Care for help and one person told me that it is not for all SiriusXM radios and another person told me that it is selected radios. No where on the advertisement saids that.
    Then I called today and they said, the older radios cannot get the preview and we are sorry.

I don't think that's right that I am excluded from the free preview. I do have SiriusXM radio in my vehicle.

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c HEMI.

Head Honcho
    08-28-2013, 06:52 PM #6
    That doesn't sound right to me. You should complain publicly on Facebook.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder