08-26-2012, 06:45 PM #1

New Sirius and the Lynx

I"m a little confused, it would seem you can purchase the Lynx, but then would need to add either the vehicle or home kit to actually get Satelite reception. What's up with that? I was considering the Lynx for the Wi-Fi, but I also want to get Satelite when I'm out walking. Someone please explain.

Head Honcho
    08-27-2012, 04:26 PM #2
    Welcome to the forums

From what I understand, you can not listen to Lynx live without wifi or satellite reception. In other words, unless you walk around in a wifi rich zone, you will not be able to get reception on the go. That said, as far as I know, you can use the Lynx to record shows so, you could listen to recorded shows on the go. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-02-2012, 08:34 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Welcome to the forums

From what I understand, you can not listen to Lynx live without wifi or satellite reception. In other words, unless you walk around in a wifi rich zone, you will not be able to get reception on the go. That said, as far as I know, you can use the Lynx to record shows so, you could listen to recorded shows on the go. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes and that is what I'm doing, bur this is not a portable radio. You would have thought it would have been designed to work alone like the xpm3i. Not have to be in a docking station to work