Mentor
    07-31-2008, 05:18 PM #1

Homer, a favor please?

Homer, you are much more knowledgable about this kind of thing than I am. All of this refinancing stuff at the end of the quarter has confused me, though I have followed most of it well.

Could you provide a run down of the debts of both companies, the maturities and the interest rates? Im sure you have the majority of the information you need just for the past 2 weeks. If you can do this, it would be great.

Thanks

07-31-2008, 08:47 PM #2
    At my fingertips? LOL, I did... but I had a computer meltdown a week or so ago. After 6 long years, the motherboard on my home computer finally went belly up... served me well. I think the L2 Cache on the processor gave out. It was time to upgrade. So I replaced the MOB last weekend, plus new RAM and a geeked-out dual core processor -- but then Windows didn't like the hardware change at all; my hard drive wouldn't boot up. I had no time to keep screwing with it over the weekend, so I did a clean XP install.

I still have all data and documents saved -- but lost all of my programs PLUS my email. Gonna take some time this weekend to start re-installing everything. Right now, I don't even have Adobe Reader installed -- so all of my documents aren't readable yet.

If I get some time over the weekend, I'll try and put something together.
    Last edited by homer985; 07-31-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-01-2008, 03:27 AM #3
    Sorry to hear that, it has happened to me in the past. Data saved programs gone. A major pain in the ass. Good luck!

08-01-2008, 10:18 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    At my fingertips? LOL, I did... but I had a computer meltdown a week or so ago. After 6 long years, the motherboard on my home computer finally went belly up... served me well. I think the L2 Cache on the processor gave out. It was time to upgrade. So I replaced the MOB last weekend, plus new RAM and a geeked-out dual core processor -- but then Windows didn't like the hardware change at all; my hard drive wouldn't boot up. I had no time to keep screwing with it over the weekend, so I did a clean XP install.

I still have all data and documents saved -- but lost all of my programs PLUS my email. Gonna take some time this weekend to start re-installing everything. Right now, I don't even have Adobe Reader installed -- so all of my documents aren't readable yet.

If I get some time over the weekend, I'll try and put something together.
    Anytime you change the motherboard with anything but the exact motherboard you had, it's generally required to do a full reinstall.

If it does manage to boot up into windows the chances of it acting wierd are pretty high.

08-01-2008, 12:41 PM #5

Can you say Macintosh?

Homer

why not give your entire system to a local charity and start over with a Mac? I have been using a Mac since 1985 and have never experienced a crash. Not once. Now that you can run windows ........ the argument is pretty much over isnt it?