08-11-2012, 04:37 PM #1

Question Which radio to get now?

My old starmate died today I think. After a long run. I'm a Sirius subscriber living in Canada. I have a US subscription and always have.

Which radio do you suggest today? I only listen to it in my car via aux input.

Thanks

I have the base subscription. The one given with promos all the time lol.

Head Honcho
    08-11-2012, 05:48 PM #2
    The only real options you have for Sirius radios are the Starmate 8 and the Stratus 6, unless you want spend money on a stiletto but, that thing is going the way of the dodo bird.

The Stratus 6 is something crazy like $19 after rebate so, if cost is an issue, its a no brainer. If you want something a little more stylish with pause, rewind and replay features spend the extra cash on a new Starmate.

Your only other option is used units on eBay, which isn't a bad idea if you can find a reputable seller.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-11-2012, 05:54 PM #3

Question Charge for activating?

Oh hey thanks for the quick response. I found another Sirius radio lying around. It powers up. I must have had it activated at one time.

Because my current one died , will I get charged to activate this one I found? How much?

I only have a few months left on my current promo.

Thanks

Head Honcho
    08-11-2012, 10:08 PM #4
    No problem, welcome to the forums.

They do charge an activation fee but, if you tell them your previous radio broke, they typically wave the fee for hardware failures. If they say no, ask to speak with a supervisor
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-11-2012, 10:24 PM #5

Question

Thank u. I basically told them the situation. She told me a $15 charge. I gave her reasons why I didnt want to pay that or why I shouldn't (dead radio) she then agreed to waive the fee.

It took a few refresh to get it working but everything is A OK.

Thank u

I am using a sportster 4 now. IN the guide there was channels listed as "more #"? there was about 5-6. Do u know what they are?

Head Honcho
    08-11-2012, 10:47 PM #6
    Glad things worked out. I wonder how many people just pay that fee without question.

Instead of a channel name it said "more #?" I would guess to say that there was an old channel in the guide that no longer exists?

Here is the manual for the Sporster 4, I don't see any mention of "more #" when I perform a search.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-11-2012, 10:51 PM #7
    Thanks I only entered one of those " more #" and music played. Perhaps it's just updating. But in all my yrs of Sirius I've never seen those channel names

Matter of fact I'm gonna look again now. I'll go down to my car .

08-19-2012, 08:31 PM #8
    I am now contemplating buying "the edge radio", will this allow me to subscribe to xm and Sirius programming? I have always found it very confusing. I currently have a Sirius radio/sub. Do things change? I call the same number when I get the edge radio? Ask for best of xm/Sirius?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions. I'm confused.

Head Honcho
    08-20-2012, 03:39 PM #9
    The Edge works on the XM network. You would need an XM sub and then you could request the best of Sirius if you were so inclined.

You're not the only one who's confused!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-20-2012, 03:48 PM #10
    Thanks clear as mud hehe. Amazing how this company has survived for so long.