Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    08-01-2012, 07:26 PM #1

SIRI Stock Thread August 2012

Insane that Spotify added more paying subscribers in 6 months than Pandora has in total. Does anyone know exactly when Pandora began to offer the premium yearly service? Crazy to watch this company come out of no where and drink their milkshake.

I wish all the lurkers from other the other SiriusXM fan sites would just login and say something. I know you guys are there, it ok to support more than one site -- I know we don't mind
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    08-01-2012, 11:00 PM #2
    Right!

I sure hope we can break upwards on this rising pattern, eerily looks like a breakdown could be ugly if you look at historical rising channels. Enough bullish signals and earnings support should keep it up. Watching 2.07 as a nerves level

Guru
    08-01-2012, 11:05 PM #3
    Ahem, except for aapl with an endless rising channel that went forever. Getting over 2.50 is key

Head Honcho
    08-02-2012, 04:58 PM #4
    Looks like DirectTV is losing customers just like Comcast now. There is going to have to be a big shake up with TV content delivery. If these guys dont figure out a low cost a la carte solution, they are going to continue losing subscribers. People are broke and those that aren't, are frugal. No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars per month on TV!

Whats the average household income in the US? 50k? Who wants to spend 2%+ of their income on television? The $100+ per month model is broken.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    08-04-2012, 12:12 AM #5
    How are you suppose to create a buzz about a new app feature when it drops at 10pm on a Friday night? My concern is that people who commute on a train or those who didn't want to sacrifice the bandwidth may have put down or deleted the app and now they wont even know about this amazing new feature.

Hopefully they roll out a newsletter to customers and a press release to the rest of the world. Until then, i will be promoting it as hard as I can.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    08-05-2012, 10:51 PM #6
    I get emails from a radio I had an account on in a friends car, who sold it. Too bad they can't find a way to get ahold of that radio's new owner instead of me. That was actually what mel said would be a huge money maker, finding out how to do that.

As for the soft rollout. I think often software companies call that beta testing before the real announcement. Though I guess if you already have the app you'll probably do the update and not have a choice to be a beta tester. I also wonder, since xm doesn't advertise hardly at all if they aren't just seeing how much viral buzz they can generate for free, testing those channels out before an official announcement hits the air waves.

Enthusiast
    08-08-2012, 03:32 PM #7
    Wow on a day like today i thought there would have been an influx of comments .... anyway ... trying to breakout!!!! 2.50 so far ... wooohooo we just need to close on the high

Head Honcho
    08-08-2012, 03:32 PM #8
    Where is the top? I want to get out before the pullback!

Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    i thought there would have been an influx of comments
    Me too! The lurkers are here but, maybe their allegiance to other websites prevent them from chiming in? Very sad!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    08-08-2012, 03:57 PM #9
    well we did not close on the high of the day .. but I think we did have a higher daily close so that will do!

Head Honcho
    08-08-2012, 04:55 PM #10
    SIRI hit 2.50 a while back on lesser news so, I'm thinking we still go higher? I suppose it depends on the overall market too.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12