Page 2 of 4 1234
    07-15-2012, 08:15 PM #11
    I'm posting this from my phone so pardon the shortness...

So someone posted this on another forum. It gives me some hope. If nothingelse, we are certainly gaining others and more information.

(From other forum)
    still down ,call SXM and basically told still fighting a software bug and what they did was turn on free preview of Sirius Select, thats why no BoXM, tuff luck is what I am being told in a nice way. I only use Siri for 1 show now adays. Thinking of just giving u

07-16-2012, 01:20 AM #12
    I've been having all the same issues with my Stiletto 2. Now I can't even login to the website!

I can't receive a live signal or wifi at work, so being able to record shows is an absolute requirement for me. I've resorted to downloading NPR podcasts to get through the work day.

07-16-2012, 09:21 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Salo57 View Post
    I've been having all the same issues with my Stiletto 2. Now I can't even login to the website!

I can't receive a live signal or wifi at work, so being able to record shows is an absolute requirement for me. I've resorted to downloading NPR podcasts to get through the work day.
    I am in the same boat!

I really believe that many people who are recording the Howard Stern Show this morning will go home tonight and try to access their recordings and will get the ACTIVATE YOUR RADIO screen. We have to keep the information flowing and get as many people together as possible. Are you in a Howard Stern community? Post and link them here. Are you on Twitter with SiriusXM friends? Link them here.

We have to keep monitoring the situation and if nothing is done or no information from SXM if forthcoming we can start an asymmetrical campaign to get some attention. I am accumulating emails and phone numbers that we can hit up to make some noise about this.

A lot of people right now think that they have the ability to playback their recordings from their Sirius Stiletto 2 -- SL2 -- and will not realize that there is a problem until they try to access their library this evening or tomorrow morning.

If you see any articles written about this, or any new information please post it here. I am at work now and will do my best to monitor the situation and if I learn anything, I will post.

Cheers,
    Pericles
    Twitter: @loopmovie

07-16-2012, 01:26 PM #14
    Having the same problems as everyone else, same time frame, and same issues with Customer Service. However, the last two "tech" people I talked to (on July 12th and July 15th) actually credited the past six days for two radios (I have two SL2 radios on my account, both having the same problem) to my account. Everyone who hasn't done this should make sure the get on the phone with Sirius and make sure they get a credit. You are paying for a service that you're not getting! Maybe if they lose enough money on this deal they'll actually do something about it.

My worry is that Sirius is trying to pull a Netflix on us - separating the regular service of listening to channels from the ability to record and playback recordings in an effort to charge us more. Why would be now getting the channels but not the ability to record? This hasn't been an issue before and it seems strange that an "equipment problem on their end" (Sirius' words) would effect functions of the radio itself.

I'm glad I found this forum - it's a little comforting to know that other people are having the exact same problems and banding together to get some answers. I'll keep checking back and updating with what I find out. I hope others will do the same as the situation progresses.

07-16-2012, 02:15 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock10 View Post
    Having the same problems as everyone else, same time frame, and same issues with Customer Service. However, the last two "tech" people I talked to (on July 12th and July 15th) actually credited the past six days for two radios (I have two SL2 radios on my account, both having the same problem) to my account. Everyone who hasn't done this should make sure the get on the phone with Sirius and make sure they get a credit. You are paying for a service that you're not getting! Maybe if they lose enough money on this deal they'll actually do something about it.

My worry is that Sirius is trying to pull a Netflix on us - separating the regular service of listening to channels from the ability to record and playback recordings in an effort to charge us more. Why would be now getting the channels but not the ability to record? This hasn't been an issue before and it seems strange that an "equipment problem on their end" (Sirius' words) would effect functions of the radio itself.

I'm glad I found this forum - it's a little comforting to know that other people are having the exact same problems and banding together to get some answers. I'll keep checking back and updating with what I find out. I hope others will do the same as the situation progresses.
    Yeah, Mel. Thanks for joining. We have to spread the word.

But one thing. It seems we can record, the problem is that we cannot access the recordings. If you attempt to record usibg the heart button from the channel, it will in fact record. But when you go back to the library, it locks you pending activation. You can tell that the recording is there by checking the storage in the settings.

The "equipment problem on their end" is a but troubling for me too. The only news I can find concerns the Liberty/Sirius situation.

Stay Frosty.

BTW: There are more people posting anonymously here: http://www.contacthelp.com/comment_list.php?listing=255 (Same dates)

07-16-2012, 03:09 PM #16
    OK! Cross your fingers. I cannot confirm this, but I am hearing on Twitter that an update has been sent out to correct our issue. Apparently, you have to dock your radio and the update will happen. It was sent out about 90 minutes ago. I am work and cannot confirm this.

If Sirius has resolved the issue, please post here.

(Hoping for the best.)

07-16-2012, 03:11 PM #17
    Yes, I can record with the Heart button (although I can't access it). My problem is that I can't set up a future recording (i.e. to record a live broadcast of the Howard Stern Show). If I go to Record from the main menu it just takes me to the activation screens. Being on the West Coast, I set my radio up to record at 3am to catch the 6am East Coast start time for the show. Can't do that at all now. It wasn't that big of an issue last week because the Stern Show was on vacation. Now they're back in studio and I won't be able to hear any of it - this is not what I pay for!

I don't want to be bossy at all, but if you can, maybe you could add in to your original post (since it's the first one people see when they come here) about people calling to get a credit on their accounts for lack of service. Money is what makes this company go 'round. If the lose enough of it, maybe we'll get a quicker fix to this problem. Thanks and I will be hanging around ....

07-16-2012, 03:12 PM #18
    Turning on my radio now. I'll update you guys if anything happens.

07-16-2012, 03:17 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock10 View Post
    Turning on my radio now. I'll update you guys if anything happens.
    Cool Mel, tell me what happens. I'll edit the post about the credit regardless. ( I actually think we should get 3 months free.)

07-16-2012, 03:25 PM #20
    Turned on my SL2, set it to Channel 0 and it did the subscription update after about a minute, and it seems to be working fine now. I can access the Record function and Heard On Sirius.

I still stand by my previous post that people need to call and demand a credit for the past 6 six days of interrupted service. That would get the point across that subscribers are paying attention and will not just stand by if they don't get what they pay for. I also hope this wasn't a ploy by Sirius to get a sense of peoples reaction if they were to separate channel programming from the recording functions. It's possible in the future they may try something like that to boost revenues. We all need to be on alert.

Page 2 of 4 1234