Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    07-13-2012, 10:25 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Wow Hack,

You ARE NOT going crazy.

Maybe everyone on this thread should check their record/playback capabilities. If the last "upgrade," choked off our radio record, we have to make some noise. This would be like armageddon for me. The SL2 experience is all about me listening when I want and forwarding. I NEED that recording function. You filled in blanks, I didn't mention. It is acting like I have some kind of "limited" subscription. They better fix this! They might just feel that there ae not enough SL2's out there to bother with it.
    The recording function is why I got the device. I like listening to cable news programs. I record hours of the stuff in the evening and early morning while I am asleep. I listen to the recordings while in the car or on airplanes. Frankly I rarely listen to live radio.

The techs have no clue. The recording on the phone and the script that they were told to read from that I guess went out yesterday just tells them to say there has been a nationwide outage and they are working on it. When I tell them I can manually tune in all the channels I've tried but my station browsing menu and recording functions are baked they don't know what to say. I was told to update my radio's software by an incompetent tech. I asked her what the update number for the ZAP was. She didn't even know what a ZAP was. I politely called her out on this. Needless to say I immediately experienced one of those mysterious disconnects where the line just goes dead.

Anyway if the radio is permanently dysfunctional they are going to need to give me a new one and new docks. This is ridiculous. I've been paying my subscription faithfully for years. The least they can do is shoot straight with us and tell us what is going on.

07-13-2012, 10:41 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by hackintosh2000 View Post
    Anyway if the radio is permanently dysfunctional they are going to need to give me a new one and new docks. This is ridiculous. I've been paying my subscription faithfully for years. The least they can do is shoot straight with us and tell us what is going on.
    This is what worries me. Are there any SL2's left? I was told that there are no replacements being made for our model. I record for the same reasons you do. Are you having dock problems too? So am I? Did you ever find out if there is a software update? I cannot find any links for it on my Sirius profile like I used to. I am not even sure what really happened? They updated?

The recorded message was so vague it was maddening.

07-13-2012, 12:10 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    This is what worries me. Are there any SL2's left? I was told that there are no replacements being made for our model. I record for the same reasons you do. Are you having dock problems too? So am I? Did you ever find out if there is a software update? I cannot find any links for it on my Sirius profile like I used to. I am not even sure what really happened? They updated?

The recorded message was so vague it was maddening.
    My software on my Stiletto 2 is up to date. The last software update was last year. The ZAP number on my Stiletto 2 matches the one on the website. I have no recollection of receiving any software updates recently. Frankly I have no idea what they did on their end. Only one of the several technical support people I spoke with mentioned updating the software. To be honest with you every person I call and tell about the problem has no clue. They don't even know it is happening. Of course they try and blame my hardware but I inform them other people on the internet are having the same exact problem.

I have been told to do and have tried all the following:
    Check for software up date- there is none. I even installed their God awful bloatware just to convince the clueless techs.
    Power cycle- Duh! Did this a million times and yes I even took out the battery.
    Tune to station 184- I've done this and waited for refresh signals and technicians to fool around on their end. Nothing worked.
    Send a refresh signal- It's been done so many times I am actually locked out of the online refresh signal website. True story.

The last phone call I had the woman in tech support said they were going to "escalate" it to their "back office." She said the problem would be "fixed" in seven to ten business days. I found it interesting that she could be so confident the problem could be fixed in that time frame considering she never heard of the problem until I called. She did credit my account since I would not be able to use my radio fully. The problem is even if I cancel my account that leaves me with a useless Stiletto 2... which I paid for. I really need to be compensated.

07-13-2012, 04:24 PM #34
    Another SL2 owner chiming in.

Same issues as you guys. Interestingly, it seems the radio IS recording scheduled shows (it's recording right now - the heart icon is flashing at the bottom). You just can't get to the "Heard on Sirius" library, or browse the channels. Only enter them manually through the dock.

I'm terrified at the idea all of us Stiletto2 owners are screwed. That radio was expensive as hell and there are no replacements for it in the Sirius system. I love my SL2. Like many of you I *need* the record function. Otherwise my subscription is useless to me.

Here's hoping they get their crap together in the coming days.....

07-13-2012, 04:30 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by beercoaster View Post
    Another SL2 owner chiming in.

Same issues as you guys. Interestingly, it seems the radio IS recording scheduled shows (it's recording right now - the heart icon is flashing at the bottom). You just can't get to the "Heard on Sirius" library, or browse the channels. Only enter them manually through the dock.

I'm terrified at the idea all of us Stiletto2 owners are screwed. That radio was expensive as hell and there are no replacements for it in the Sirius system. I love my SL2. Like many of you I *need* the record function. Otherwise my subscription is useless to me.

Here's hoping they get their crap together in the coming days.....
    I with Beer, lets stick together and stay on top of this. I have a feeling this will get bigger as Howard returns. I am going to start posting keywords everywhere and point people here. Sirius is clueless about this it seems.

07-13-2012, 05:43 PM #36
    Wow guys, I had no idea of the capabilities of your SL2 receivers. I'd be upset also losing those capabilities . My Sportster 4 & 5 (have one of each) only allow you to replay a prior broadcasted clip up to 44 minutes. No recording capabilities that I'm aware of. There are several times where I too could benefit if mine was able to record extended sessions. Hope they get that portion of this "outage" fixed for you guys!

07-13-2012, 07:58 PM #37
    I spoke with someone a little higher up on the tech support food chain and was told the following: the reason those with SL2 receivers are able to listen to the channels is because they have been given a "free" subscription. This is a temporary solution and while it doesn't solve the library issues it was felt that being able to listen to the radio was better than nothing. They are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.

Head Honcho
    07-13-2012, 11:38 PM #38
    Did they mention what exactly the problem was or give you a date for a permanent solution?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-14-2012, 06:56 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Did they mention what exactly the problem was or give you a date for a permanent solution?
    Sorry, but no.

07-14-2012, 01:47 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Hello Charles,

I have to admit, this problem is bizarre, it is very difficult to explain. But it appears that Sirius is either not aware of it or they don't care. By the way, I appreciate you creating this site. Thank you.

EDIT: Just read jamesbobo post. I guess Sirius is aware. I wish they would post somewhere.

Cheers,
    P
    Last edited by Pericles; 07-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456