Page 3 of 6 12345 ...
    07-12-2012, 02:40 PM #21
    I'm back up. They did something from their end that caused my radio to reboot. After it rebooted, everything is fine. My presets are lost, but thats OK since I only really listen to one or two channels. Sauce on side.

07-12-2012, 03:31 PM #22
    My radio still isn't working after repeated callbacks and sending a signal

Head Honcho
    07-12-2012, 05:25 PM #23
    I would pay good money to know just what the hell happened. Someone screwed up bigtime.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-12-2012, 06:03 PM #24
    Bath salts...
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I would pay good money to know just what the hell happened. Someone screwed up bigtime.

Head Honcho
    07-12-2012, 06:11 PM #25
    Good call.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-13-2012, 12:30 AM #26
    If I weren't a lifetime subscriber I'd be making several calls to get some "complimentary" service out of them for the inconvenience of losing two days of service. Two days may not sound like much, but this past week I just happened to be working with a small crew of men where the boom box would have been playing (Hair nation for these particular 40ish guys). I feel we lost productivity these past two days by working in silence. Oh well ....... until the next time anyways

07-13-2012, 08:53 AM #27
    Hello. I am new, but I have been a Sirius user since Howard and a Stiletto 2 user since they were made. I had the same problem as everyone, my radio became unsubscribed suddenly and I could find no information and Customer Care told me that I was paid up and everything was fine. I tried explaining that my radio was unsubscribed, but it was not not. They then tried to send "the signal" to restart it, but it did not work. I asked to be sent to tech support, and they tried, but no one answered and it eventually switched back to Customer Care.

Now here is the rub:

My radio came back suddenly yesterday, like everyone else's. GREAT! I thought. I set up my time zone and started recording Howard.

When I pulled it out of the dock this morning and went to recent recordings, it said on the screen that to listen to recordings, I needed to subscribe and activate my radio!

So I put it back in the dock, and it wanted to be reactivated again! I clicked through to "continue without reactivation" and I had all of my channels. I then went back to recordings and it said I had to activate.

So my final predicament is that I have my Sirius working, but if I want to record (recording is the only way I can listen to Howard) it won't let me, it still acts as if it needs to be activated.

Does anyone out there have this same problem, or ideas on how I can fix this?

Before I left, I did a reset and erase, it seemed to change nothing as it asked me to activate again and then I bypassed it and it still plays my channels, but I still couldn't access recordings. I left it recording and I will check and report when I get home tonight.

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Pericles

07-13-2012, 09:02 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Hello Charles,

The Customer Care rep I spoke day before yesterday said that they did a software upgrade and that one of the six satellites was not responding, but that was just resulting in some people getting no signal, not being unsubscribed. My issue is below. I still can't listen to recordings...

I'm feeling desperate.

Cheers

07-13-2012, 09:44 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Hello. I am new, but I have been a Sirius user since Howard and a Stiletto 2 user since they were made. I had the same problem as everyone, my radio became unsubscribed suddenly and I could find no information and Customer Care told me that I was paid up and everything was fine. I tried explaining that my radio was unsubscribed, but it was not not. They then tried to send "the signal" to restart it, but it did not work. I asked to be sent to tech support, and they tried, but no one answered and it eventually switched back to Customer Care.

Now here is the rub:

My radio came back suddenly yesterday, like everyone else's. GREAT! I thought. I set up my time zone and started recording Howard.

When I pulled it out of the dock this morning and went to recent recordings, it said on the screen that to listen to recordings, I needed to subscribe and activate my radio!

So I put it back in the dock, and it wanted to be reactivated again! I clicked through to "continue without reactivation" and I had all of my channels. I then went back to recordings and it said I had to activate.

So my final predicament is that I have my Sirius working, but if I want to record (recording is the only way I can listen to Howard) it won't let me, it still acts as if it needs to be activated.

Does anyone out there have this same problem, or ideas on how I can fix this?

Before I left, I did a reset and erase, it seemed to change nothing as it asked me to activate again and then I bypassed it and it still plays my channels, but I still couldn't access recordings. I left it recording and I will check and report when I get home tonight.

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Pericles
    Same exact thing happened to me. I've been on the phone several times in the last couple of days. Naturally I was told several lies. Thank God for the internet. At least I know I'm not going crazy.

Another thing you should check is browsing different stations via the "Satellite Radio" menu. I can tune in stations by typing in their number directly but if I try to browse the station listings I get the "Activate now" message. Also you can only record shows by pressing the "Heart" button. The "Recording" menu is inaccessible. I don't know if the radio is still recording my scheduled recordings.

07-13-2012, 10:02 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hackintosh2000 View Post
    Same exact thing happened to me. I've been on the phone several times in the last couple of days. Naturally I was told several lies. Thank God for the internet. At least I know I'm not going crazy.

Another thing you should check is browsing different stations via the "Satellite Radio" menu. I can tune in stations by typing in their number directly but if I try to browse the station listings I get the "Activate now" message. Also you can only record shows by pressing the "Heart" button. The "Recording" menu is inaccessible. I don't know if the radio is still recording my scheduled recordings.
    Wow Hack,

You ARE NOT going crazy.

Maybe everyone on this thread should check their record/playback capabilities. If the last "upgrade," choked off our radio record, we have to make some noise. This would be like armageddon for me. The SL2 experience is all about me listening when I want and forwarding. I NEED that recording function. You filled in blanks, I didn't mention. It is acting like I have some kind of "limited" subscription. They better fix this! They might just feel that there ae not enough SL2's out there to bother with it.

Page 3 of 6 12345 ...