Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    07-14-2012, 01:52 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by tpollauf View Post
    Wow guys, I had no idea of the capabilities of your SL2 receivers. I'd be upset also losing those capabilities . My Sportster 4 & 5 (have one of each) only allow you to replay a prior broadcasted clip up to 44 minutes. No recording capabilities that I'm aware of. There are several times where I too could benefit if mine was able to record extended sessions. Hope they get that portion of this "outage" fixed for you guys!
    Thanks t! SL2's sure cost plenty, Sirius should work on this.

07-14-2012, 02:03 PM #42
    Ok, this issue of no SIRIUS has proven to me that I have an addiction and despite jamesbobo's info, I think we should organize and work as a group to keep passing information and attract other SL2 users to the forum. I will write a seperate post and lay out the problem.

The reason I would like to do this is because at first it was impossible to find out ANY information about this SL2 issue while browsing and I think a comprehensive post with dates, details and keywords would help.

PLEASE, when I create the post, if you see anything I have left out, post it.

We'll see how many people we can get together and if Sirius leaves us in the lurch, we can start contacting them in groups. I think we should keep everything civil. I am going to right the post and then post the link here.

I will also post a Twitter size message with link that will point people to the post.

Cheers,
    P

Head Honcho
    07-14-2012, 02:55 PM #43
    I can write a post for the main page of the website and point it to the forum thread. Does someone want to sum up from start to finish exactly what happened and what is still going on now (including timeline)? I dont have an SL2 and I dont want to misrepresent anything. Feel free to email or PM me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-14-2012, 02:57 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    I with Beer, lets stick together and stay on top of this. I have a feeling this will get bigger as Howard returns. I am going to start posting keywords everywhere and point people here. Sirius is clueless about this it seems.
    I wish I was more internet savvy. That is 100% the right thing to do. I'll see what I can do on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by tpollauf View Post
    Wow guys, I had no idea of the capabilities of your SL2 receivers.
    I hate to do a sales job for Sirius after the way they've treated us but here goes... When it is working (important caveat) it records stations you are listening too in the back ground automatically. I'm not sure it does it for news stations but it definitely does it for music stations. So when you are on the go and don't want to wear the antenna headphones you can listen to that recorded stream of music. In addition if you happen to be listening to live radio and like a song you just have to hit a heart button and it will record the song in it's entirety and save it separately from the music stream. You can see the song in a list with your mp3s. The other recording feature is you can schedule it to record shows at different times. So there is a cable news show that comes on for two hours on Sat and Sun. I just tell it to record channel 117 for 2 hours starting at 8 am on Sat and Sun. So it automatically does that every weekend. So when I'm on the go later in the day I can listen to the show with headphones or put it in a dock in my car or use an audio cable to listen to it in my friend's car.

Without the recording functionality a Satellite MP3 player is pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I can write a post for the main page of the website and point it to the forum thread. Does someone want to sum up from start to finish exactly what happened and what is still going on now (including timeline)? I dont have an SL2 and I dont want to misrepresent anything. Feel free to email or PM me.
    Just saw your post. I am a bit busy at the moment but I will forward you some details later this weekend. I will also post some pictures to illustrate what we are talking about.
    Last edited by hackintosh2000; 07-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.

07-14-2012, 04:03 PM #45
    I have posted a new thread:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...e-July-11-2012

@Charles: Sorry, I jumped the gun. I hope you don't mind. I was a bit wordy and redundant to pull people in. It didn't occur to me to ask you to write. I thought that would be rude, but obviously you are a cool guy. Where do I send a contribution? But honestly, any suggestions are welcome. I'll edit it if it breaks any rules. I think you have access to my email.

@hackintosh Please add to the thread. Any input would be great.

Wow, I am really feeling a bit desperate.

Here is a Twitter post I put out:

---------------------------------------------

Sirius Stiletto 2 Bug. Activation & Recording Issue since July 11, 2012 Go here: bit.ly/Sqbh7Z #Sirius Pls RT

---------------------------------------------

Please feel free to post either word for word or modified. The short url goes to the link.

I hope Sirius really deals with this.

07-14-2012, 09:21 PM #46
    Here's the timeline on the outage affecting my Stiletto 2:

0650EST on 11 July 2012 lost signal - screen states all channels unsubscribed.

Took battery out to reboot system - new screen comes up which states Activate Now or Proceed to channels without activating.

If you choose to go to Proceed to channels without activating you get ALL the Sirius channels, no problem. HOWEVER, I also have the best of XM package and I get NONE of the XM channels. Someone earlier stated that Sirius is giving us these Sirius channels free? so we can indeed listen to something while they are addressing the problem? Who knows how long that will last.

NOTE: I have a lifetime SIRIUS and best of XM package - so getting the channels free or a credit doesn't really affect me.

If you choose the Activate Now option it goes through a few screens and tunes to channel 184 and they want you to call customer service and provide your credit card number (as if you're activating for the first time).

I called customer care and all they did was send a refresh signal which obviously didn't work. I also sent a refresh signal via their web site numerous times over the past few days and that also didn't work.

Beginning on Thursday (12 July) if you called customer service there was a message stating that Sirius was aware there is a problem affecting some of the radios and is diligently working on the problem. This message stayed on the phone line until late Friday evening when it dropped off.

I called them assuming since the message dropped off they must have fixed the problem but that was not the case. Assinine on their part to drop off this message. Now they are just going to be bombarded by phone calls.

Talked to Listener Care Product Support (after getting their number from their online chat which was useless - the online chat told me the problem was fixed the same day - obviously not the case because the problem still persists and Sirius had a message on its phone line on Thursday stating there was a problem and it was being addressed.)

Listener Care Support 1-866-463-5326, at 2030EST on 14 July, stated YES INDEED they were STILL having problems with STILETTO 2's. They are aware of the problem and took my information so they can send my info up the chain so they know my SPECIFIC radio is still being affected. I assume others have done this as well so Sirius knows which specific radios have been affected.

She could give me no specifics on when it would be fixed but they're aware Stiletto's are still experiencing problems. I explained to her what screens I had (i.e. Activate Now or Proceed to channels without activating) and she VERIFIED that I'm not the only one that has these screens. FINALLY, I had someone who acknowledged there was indeed a problem and that others had the same screens I had.

Sorry, I can't speak to the recording functions on my Stiletto 2 because I never use them.

Bottom Line as of: 2030EST on 14 July Stilettos are still having problems and they are working on them and they have no specific date/time when they will fix them.

07-15-2012, 12:49 PM #47
    I have some new information that I have posted on the other thread. I don't want to double post, so here is the link:

I think this is going to be a huge pain in the a$$ for us SL2 owners.

Pericles

07-15-2012, 07:31 PM #48
    Outage is affecting my factory car radio also. I've been out for 4 days now and I was told by Listener Care it could be another 3 days before my radio works. I'm in IT and am shocked that any issue could take more than 4 or upwards of 7 days to resolve. What disturbs me most is the silence from Sirius on the issue.

07-20-2012, 05:05 PM #49
    Here it the 20th and my Stiletto 2 is still non-functional. No manner of activation is successful. Customer service gave me 3 free months of smart phone app useage. Whoopee. I bought a "lifetime" membership of service. Who's lifetime? I'm thinking I'll cancel my second subscription on the car unit, transfer the lifetime membership to the car, and pay for the app. And the app is 1/4 the cost of the radio monthly! Thanks Sirius for saving me money. Yer the best. NOT!

Head Honcho
    07-20-2012, 07:32 PM #50
    Toby, did you follow the solution in this thread? It has seemingly worked for everyone else;

Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456