Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    06-08-2012, 12:35 AM #1

SIRI Stock Thread June 2012

Anyone catch AGT Tuesday night? Was that Muscle trying to sing opera, it sure sounded just like him.

I have a new dartboard, I am going to write potential SIRIUSXM takeover outcomes and share prices on it, put on a blindfold, and throw darts at it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-12-2012, 09:57 PM #2
    lol, I hear ya, with so many scenarios I only fear the worst, which is some scenario I haven't thought of. Still holding, I'd like to probably just hold this forever if only for once someone would say something positive about the economy, boy I miss those days.

one thing that has me confident to hold through any rough drops is that all the talk of europe has very little to do with siri, since of course its an all american based company. As well as I think even in bad times sirius xm radio is one of lifes pleasures / necessities like alcohol tobacco and groceries if our economy takes a beating from Europe's woes

and in michigan you can take back your beer cans for the money to pay your xm bill

Head Honcho
    06-21-2012, 01:00 PM #3
    Spotify passed Pandora as the #1 top free music app list. It's actually in the top 10 free overall apps. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

I took a minute to play with the app and loved the way that new users get a free 48 hour premium trial. I wish SiriusXM did something like this. Instead, when I download the SiriusXM app,I am stonewalled by a login form. Why not give people a quick free trial as soon as they download? How can you convert new users without a taste?

The SiriusXM app doesn't even give you a way to signup if you don't have an account! Huge usability failure.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-25-2012, 09:48 AM #4
    So they discontinued the 7 day free trial?

Head Honcho
    06-25-2012, 01:52 PM #5
    They still have the trial but, how would a new user know that? Could you previously see the 7 day free trial when you downloaded the app?

When I download the app now I see a username and password field. THATS IT! No link to signup. No free trial. No way to get a username and password if you don't have one. It's a huge usability failure.

26% of all apps downloaded are opened only once, then never used again. Only 26% of apps are used more than 11X. What group do you think SiriusXM is in when a new user is stonewalled?

Maybe I'm crazy. Delete your app, reinstall it, and tell me what you see.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-26-2012, 08:26 PM #6
    I did on a new phone just now, there is a button for free trial

Head Honcho
    06-27-2012, 12:35 AM #7
    Was it on an iPhone? I tried it on a new iPhone and saw nothing but the username and login screen.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-27-2012, 08:30 PM #8
    No, it is an android. Did you replace from an iPhone? Maybe it recognized you had an account from memory somewhere like icloud?

Head Honcho
    06-27-2012, 08:56 PM #9
    This phone is a hand-me-down but, there was no sign of the app being previously installed. Even if it were, deleting an app should delete all of the personal settings associated with it.

Hopefully someone with a new or never used iPhone can chime in on this one.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-27-2012, 08:57 PM #10
    BTW, I think if SiriusXM markets this new ondemand feature correctly, we should see subs increase a noticeable amount. I dont know what took them so long to get all this shit done but with the Google TV release and now this web player update, SiriusXM is starting to look like an actual proper company!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12