Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    07-02-2012, 09:04 AM #1

SIRI Stock Thread July 2012

Death Cross smeshcross...

The only reason it's going to cause a price breakdown is because I'm not selling into it, if I sold, then for sure some crazy good news would come out. I feel like the recent fast plummet in pps was preemptive of the deathcross and we work towards a new golden cross.

My current stance is I'm holding for a year and with that type of plan you have to weather the pps fluctuations.

Given the fundamentals, new on demand, coming customization, MLB and other sports added to the online choices and institutions as well as liberty buying up shares I can't let go of my shares. My average is just over 2 and plan to add if there is a substantial drop below 1.78

ymmv

Head Honcho
    07-02-2012, 03:17 PM #2
    What did I miss? I just woke up and SIRI is up 7%.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-02-2012, 10:49 PM #3
    it was a nice steady rise all day with good volume, not very pannicky so must just be getting the pps back in the proper range, maybe they couldn't shake any more shares down low and needed to raise it up to get some more selling, that sideways movement lasted a while between 1.82 and 1.90

there were even two volume spikes to close the day at 1.99

I certainly enjoyed it. The forward contract I believe is due to complete this week so it may be the 3rd party unwinding their short? Also we have 3rd quarter starting so maybe a slight perearnings move....as well as anticipation of the FCC reply.

Head Honcho
    07-03-2012, 12:15 AM #4
    How often do you see a stock move 7% on a flat day with no news?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-03-2012, 10:06 AM #5
    The $RUT cleared 800

Head Honcho
    07-06-2012, 03:20 PM #6
    Everytime I look at Sirius radios vs XM radios, I can't help but wonder what this company would be if there weren't a distinction between the two services. All of this hardware and programming confusion hurts this company worse than people might realize. I understand the technological and contractual issues but, I truly wonder if the cost to completely merge the services, even if that meant launching a new satellite, wouldn't be worth it.

Think about it, where do you think this company would be if they could have merged in every sense of the word... content, hardware, and service? I would think it would be sporting double the subscribers and double the share price.

My concern is, by the time this all happens... will the company still be relevant? I feel a lot better after their most recent moves but, I am still weary.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-06-2012, 10:26 PM #7
    That's the real blunder if they don't solve that issue

Head Honcho
    07-06-2012, 11:24 PM #8
    I'm have no doubt they will but, my concern is the timeline.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-07-2012, 11:35 AM #9
    Maffei said in an interview that he was very impressed with the technology in the works at sxm. I read an article about how to get wifi to cars and it was so complex and with holes that I dont see solid wifi access in cars for several years, like 10. By then we should have the best content in wifi anyway.

With our fcf I wouldnt be surprised if we bought the highest competitor before they became profitable

Just some thoughts of mine

Guru
    07-07-2012, 11:39 AM #10
    Im trying not to set myself for disappointment but the promised use of nols in q2 should cause a new valuation in siri, even when the co talks about it they say words like substantial benefit to shareholders

Page 1 of 2 12